GDT - Edmonton @ Sabres - March 4, 2019 - 7:00 PM EST - MSG-B; SN (a lot) & others

Sabres Fan in NS

This team lacks defensive zone coverage fundamentals.  It comes from their last two coaches emphasizing the transition game.

That's why they get caved in so easily.  When they get pressured they instinctually start chasing the puck instead of being conditioned to return to the basics of positional play. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

Sabres 38 SOG on 64 attempts. They missed 26 shots. Edmonton missed 20 shots, 27/47. 

I am glad someone else commented on this. How many shots did ERod miss during this game? Mitts? Jesus. It was awful. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, jad1 said:

This team lacks defensive zone coverage fundamentals.  It comes from their last two coaches emphasizing the transition game.

That's why they get caved in so easily.  When they get pressured they instinctually start chasing the puck instead of being conditioned to return to the basics of positional play. 

Your first paragraph is not the reason for your second paragraph, at all.

8 hours ago, Taro T said:

How about he 1st demonstrate an ability to not be a defensive liability on the 3rd line?

He's been on the 4th line unsuccessfully in the past.  Now he's going to be assigned to play defensively responsibly against the 2nd best player in the league and we are supposed to expect different results?  Why?

This literally is telling him that, yes, you need work on your defensive game because it isn't good enough and we're going to let you get exposed badly if you don't miraculously improve significantly overnight.

FWIW,  I watched Tage closely all game and I don’t believe he was on the ice for one second with 97. 

2 minutes ago, ParkMeadow said:

Tage needs to hit the weight room hard, find some good supplements and develop some nasty ?

Our fanbase could use a little toughness too.  We've gotten as soft as some claim the team is.  

10 minutes ago, ParkMeadow said:

Tage needs to hit the weight room hard, find some good supplements and develop some nasty ?

Needs to go hang out with Brady and Edelman......?

8 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

I am looking forward to the next game, they are on a win one lose one roll, ?

More like a win one lose two. Why is it so easy to lose two in a row but not win two in a row? Oh yeah, it's hard to win one game in this league. 

Edited by Claude Balls
  • Haha (+1) 2

Housley's frustrated, you can see it.

Just do your job defensively.

Check Better.

Finish the opportunities.

It's the same old stuff this team has been going through for years now. I am actually wondering if after every game you can find Phil early AM curled up naked in the fetal position in the corner of his darkened room crying and mumbling "you can't win in this league without playing defense, I've told them"

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.