GDT - Edmonton @ Sabres - March 4, 2019 - 7:00 PM EST - MSG-B; SN (a lot) & others

Sabres Fan in NS

• SDS pinned this topic

Our furious race to 9th place has begun.  

The worst part is even if they spiral out of control and lose the majority of their remaining games, there are 5 teams they have almost no chance of surpassing in draft order. (Outside of a lottery miracle)

Edited by inkman
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, inkman said:

The worst part is even if they spiral out of control and lose the majority of their remaining games, there are 5 teams they have almost no chance of surpassing in draft order. (Outside of a lottery miracle)

Inky?  Come on, man, pull yourself together.

Something, something Germans.  Something, something Pearl Harbor.

2 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

MUST WIN!!

Yes, I'll root for them to win, but the loss to Toronto the other night cemented it for me:  I no longer harbor any hope that the playoffs are within reach for this team, this year.

It isn't just that the lost to the Leafs twice recently.  The Leafs are a better team this year and while I would like to see the Sabres give them a run for their money, we're just not there yet.  But what the second Leafs loss made me do is go back and look at recent games.

Since mid-February, the Sabres lost 4 games to the teams just behind them in the standings.  0-4.  And look, the Sabres are 8 points out of a playoff spot.  If they could have taken care of business against lesser competition there would be hope for this team, but when other teams are surging trying to make the playoffs, the Sabres are swooning.

So yeah, they're not mathematically eliminated yet, so MUST WIN, but they lost their shot over the last three weeks.

go sabres.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Yes, I'll root for them to win, but the loss to Toronto the other night cemented it for me:  I no longer harbor any hope that the playoffs are within reach for this team, this year.

It isn't just that the lost to the Leafs twice recently.  The Leafs are a better team this year and while I would like to see the Sabres give them a run for their money, we're just not there yet.  But what the second Leafs loss made me do is go back and look at recent games.

Since mid-February, the Sabres lost 4 games to the teams just behind them in the standings.  0-4.  And look, the Sabres are 8 points out of a playoff spot.  If they could have taken care of business against lesser competition there would be hope for this team, but when other teams are surging trying to make the playoffs, the Sabres are swooning.

So yeah, they're not mathematically eliminated yet, so MUST WIN, but they lost their shot over the last three weeks.

go sabres.

In the end IF (and I suspect you are correct that they won't) the Sabres don't make it ... the bolded statement was their ultimate undoing.

That said,

GO SABRES!!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, inkman said:

I'd put money on the Sabres drafting 8th.

3 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Obliged to attend tonight for something sorta work-related. It's a Monday night. I will likely try to find an excuse to leave early. Or maybe just pull an Irish goodbye.

Don't see why you'll leave early tonight.  They're winning this one.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.