GDT - Sabres @ Leafs 3-2-19 @ 7pm

CallawaySabres

7 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I dont get why we are still complaining about O'Reilly, his  interview was horrible and pretty much left the GM with no choice.

Also JBOT probably asked the players at end of last season who they wanted as captain ...   Its not that hard to understand he needed to go.

His interview wasn't horrible, it was truthful and showed the truth behind 'tanking'

The fans all got their panties in a bunch cause they expected everyone on the roster was going to be perfectly happy wasting their years playing for a team with no intention of winning and whos goal of existing was to collect #1 overall picks and not winning a cup.

He is playing much better now in St Louis and would probably have good things to say about being on a franchise who is looking towards the playoffs now and not the draft......

• Like (+1) 1

The Sabres have a lot of work to do.I think fans are finally not kidding themselves and realize that overall this is a slightly below average team.Huge improvement over last year.

We could use one more scorer but what is needed are strong 2 way players. Preferably tough guys with experience. Team is skewed waay too young among its talent.The experienced guys are mediocre and not tough.

24 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

His interview wasn't horrible, it was truthful and showed the truth behind 'tanking'

The fans all got their panties in a bunch cause they expected everyone on the roster was going to be perfectly happy wasting their years playing for a team with no intention of winning and whos goal of existing was to collect #1 overall picks and not winning a cup.

He is playing much better now in St Louis and would probably have good things to say about being on a franchise who is looking towards the playoffs now and not the draft......

You might not have found it horrible, but the moment he did that interview I knew he wouldn't be with us much longer.    Imagine you talking about your company like that in front of all the world to see.   Your boss would fire you on the spot.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

The playoffs haven't started yet ....what will he say if they miss out on them? They have lost 3 of their last 4 games and are only in by a couple points right now.

1 hour ago, apuszczalowski said:

But ... he was traded to the Sabres after Jack Eichel was drafted and the goal went back to being the Cup.  He was, in fact, part of a series of trade meant (by ExGMTM) to accelerate the rebuild after Jack was here.  They just didn't work as expected.  Last year wasn't a tank; they just way underperformed.

(For the record, I didn't want O'Reilly traded and didn't think that he had to be after the interview.  Just arguing against the point that he was expected to be happy tanking.)

16 hours ago, ... said:

We have some new members who seem to be irrational and thrive on negativity bringing down the threads.

I'm sure this was aimed at me, but just so you know, I've been a member here longer than you. I had to re-register because I stepped away for awhile and lost all my login information. This is the first time in three years I've been watching regularly. 

13 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

I'm sure this was aimed at me, but just so you know, I've been a member here longer than you. I had to re-register because I stepped away for awhile and lost all my login information. This is the first time in three years I've been watching regularly. 

But are you irrational, as suggested?

1 hour ago, Claude Balls said:

Out of curiosity, what was your previous screen name?

1 hour ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

But are you irrational, as suggested?

No, not irrational. Just calling it how I see it. Doesn't mean everyone has to agree with me. What's irrational is someone thinking everyone has to have the same opinion as they do.

45 minutes ago, Weave said:

Out of curiosity, what was your previous screen name?

Originally Rayzer32

Edited by Claude Balls

4 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

No, not irrational. Just calling it how I see it. Doesn't mean everyone has to agree with me. What's irrational is someone thinking everyone has to have the same opinion as they do.

Originally Rayzer32

I can recover your accounts and merge them. 

13 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

You might not have found it horrible, but the moment he did that interview I knew he wouldn't be with us much longer.    Imagine you talking about your company like that in front of all the world to see.   Your boss would fire you on the spot.

It is ridiculous to suggest Botterill had no choice but to trade ROR.  Of course ROR was doing everything he could to get traded off the team, but that doesn't mean you have to do it.  A more experienced GM probably would have handled the situation differently and wouldn't have settled for less than maximum value in a trade if it did happen.

One of the main reasons we are as bad as we are this year is because we have no 2C despite having a great 2C last year.  The 2C was sacrificed but not replaced with anything close to replacement value coming in other forms.

In fact, adjusting for age, ROR was probably the best player on the damned team, and he was given away, mostly, for nothing.

That is not just a bad move.  That is the type of move that sets a franchise back 3 years. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Linus with some great stick work

Love it shades of Hacksaw Billy Smith. 

That's what i would expect and do myself since his own D corp does not regularly clear the crease. 

I am curious though if this is after Marleau  bumped him at the top of the crease and that goal squeaked through? 

On 3/3/2019 at 2:58 PM, Eleven said:

It does not work for us because we constantly miss the empty net. In 60 seconds I agree, but not in 2 minutes

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.