GDT - Sabres @ Leafs 3-2-19 @ 7pm

CallawaySabres

Big win by our Sabes last night. A chance to win where Jack wants to show that he is not 3rd in line when it comes to McDavid, Matthews and himself. Playoffs may be a long shot but their first back to back wins against teams like the Penguins and Leafs would feel pretty good. Never thought I would start a game day thread but I'll be jumping in the car in about 7 hours to head there....should not have had that last Old Fashioned tonight...worth it though.

I may get down on this team form time to time but for the love of Baby Jesus, I will be there with the Sabes Blazer and representing in full force. Toronto, here we come and we are not holding back on expenses in the slightest. Time to hit that city proper and leave it in a mound of ashes come Sunday morning. I love this stupid team and it's time to leave a mark here boys.

Good night, God bless, and.........

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

• SDS pinned this topic

As I mentioned in the Pens thread, I am 5-0 when seeing the Sabres live this season, so if anyone wants to purchase a ticket for me and arrange transport to Toronto (I am NOT driving over that ***** Burlington Bridge), I'm happy to take one for the team.

1 hour ago, CallawaySabres said:

No chance we lose, book it.....not with me in that building.

I think we've found our solution.  Meet up at Cole's at 2?   Got an extra ticket?

38 minutes ago, Eleven said:

As I mentioned in the Pens thread, I am 5-0 when seeing the Sabres live this season, so if anyone wants to purchase a ticket for me and arrange transport to Toronto (I am NOT driving over that ***** Burlington Bridge), I'm happy to take one for the team.

I think we've found our solution.  Meet up at Cole's at 2?   Got an extra ticket?

Already on the road my friend ?

I’m taking credit for last nights win.  Switched to Netflix in the third with about 6 minutes left.  I thought it was going to be another 2 goal loss (assuming an empty netter by Pens).  The Hockey Gods and your Buffalo Sabres had different plans!  This team has a habit of winning games when I am not watching.  Maybe I’ll take one for the fans and sit tonight out.

I cant wait to see Dahlin after a summer of weight training and reflection on his rookie season.  He’s becoming our #1 at 18.  

Let’s go Buffalo.  Beat the Leafs.  Eichel go show the Toronto fans that Matthews is not worthy of carrying his skate bag.

Beer 

5 minutes ago, Beer said:

I’m taking credit for last nights win.  Switched to Netflix in the third with about 6 minutes left.  I thought it was going to be another 2 goal loss (assuming an empty netter by Pens).  The Hockey Gods and your Buffalo Sabres had different plans!  This team has a habit of winning games when I am not watching.  Maybe I’ll take one for the fans and sit tonight out.

I cant wait to see Dahlin after a summer of weight training and reflection on his rookie season.  He’s becoming our #1 at 18.  

Let’s go Buffalo.  Beat the Leafs.  Eichel go show the Toronto fans that Matthews is not worthy of carrying his skate bag.

Beer 

Number 1 at which part of being a dman? 

Best shot? Wrister yes. Slap shot no

Speed? Maybe second to Montour

Defensive Awareness? Hell no

Offensive Awareness? Equal to Risto 

Passing? Yes

Creativity? Yes for attempts.

Playmaking? No

Vision? Yes

On Ice Communication? No 

35 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Number 1 at which part of being a dman? 

Best shot? Wrister yes. Slap shot no

Speed? Maybe second to Montour

Defensive Awareness? Hell no

Offensive Awareness? Equal to Risto 

Passing? Yes

Creativity? Yes for attempts.

Playmaking? No

Vision? Yes

On Ice Communication? No 

26 minutes ago, slugspirit said:

?

Just saying what I see which may not be what you or anybody else sees. Don’t get me wrong he will be our number one and he has done really good his rookie year. TBH I don’t think we have number one right now. I think we have some number twos and so on.

Here goes:

Montour - He’s new but a breath of fresh air 

Risto

Dahlin

McCabe

Bogo

Scandella

Hunwick

Edited by SABRES 0311

5 minutes ago, LTS said:

This will be a tough game.

Gotta jump on their D and crush them.  Rough up Tavares and Matthews.

With who?  The Sabres trainer?  Maybe he can sneak some Bengay in their jocks, but otherwise I don't see anyone else on the bench besides Risto who will get dirty. 

1 minute ago, Scottysabres said:

Who's going to rough up their players?

I feel like you are just trying to find an avenue here to say the Sabres need someone who can fight people.

I'm looking for things like I saw last night from the team irritating Malkin.  That's all you need.

2 minutes ago, LTS said:

I feel like you are just trying to find an avenue here to say the Sabres need someone who can fight people.

I'm looking for things like I saw last night from the team irritating Malkin.  That's all you need.

Outside of Wilson the avenue I'm trying to find is a few more roster players with the grit to take the body on a regular basis successfully. I completely agree with your take on roughing up the Leafs, the fact is through out the season it is something that has been lacking up and down the roster, outside of Wilson and occasionally, Risto and to a lesser extent, McCabe.

• Like (+1) 1

Girgensons and Larsson play pretty physical, and Okposo straight-up ran someone over last night who got in his way. We have some physicality on the team. The problem is Mittelstadt, Sheary, and Thompson not being particularly strong and usually matching up against bigger players. ERod has gotten better, but even he will get leveled by bigger d-men.

Finding high-skill players who can play a very physical game is not easy, and they come at a premium.

Didn't the Sabres just play these bums up there in The Great Satan?

I thought this was a bumped thread, but then saw only 12, or something, replies.  The Sabres are NOT that bad to have only 12 relies in GDT for a game a few days ago.

Here we go again ...

MUST WIN!!

GO SABRES!!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.