GDT: Penguins @ Sabres 3-1-19 @7PM

spndnchz

3 hours ago, LTS said:

Here's the secret...

If you need your coach to continually fire up the team and have them ready to play, you have the wrong team.

Players need to be self-motivated. Coaches are there to help turn it up when the self-motivation falters, they are not there to replace it.

This team is still looking for those 1-2 players who will do that.  They don't have them right now.  They haven't had them in a long time.

A few Joe Pavelski's might help. Def NSFW

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Samson's Flow said:

Friend called us last night with free 200 level tickets, so I guess that means we're attending this one. Her husband is a Penguins fan as well, so hopefully the home team gives a solid showing tonight so we don't have to listen to him all game :)

Let me know if you want to say hello since I missed the SS meetup.

Sure, I'll be in and around 116

33 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

A few Joe Pavelski's might help. Def NSFW

Joe Pavelski is an excellent player.   He is also 34 years old.   Notice he is wearing an A, not a C.  When you do for a long time you can make those speeches.   You can get away with that even without the C or A. 

We don't have many vets that can make those speeches.  Bogo, Pommer, and Okposso can and should be stepping forward like this. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Joe Pavelski is an excellent player.   He is also 34 years old.   Notice he is wearing an A, not a C.  When you do for a long time you can make those speeches.   You can get away with that even without the C or A. 

We don't have many vets that can make those speeches.  Bogo, Pommer, and Okposso can and should be stepping forward like this. 

Jack should be making that speech. Or anyone who doesn't suck. This team needs to stop waiting for someone else to make the speech or rescue them and ***** do it themselves. 

• Like (+1) 2

I am off for the evening, I was looking on stubhub just for an eve out, but I'm not paying 30-40 a ticket to these guys, so I may find something else to do, it may or may not involve the Sabres, so very sad, 3 months ago I would have found a way to see them one way or another 

4 hours ago, OverPowerYou said:

Even If we won 10 games in a row again we would still find a way to miss the playoffs this year 

If they win 10 in a row, they still have to play better hockey than they have been all season to maintain pace.

1 hour ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I am off for the evening, I was looking on stubhub just for an eve out, but I'm not paying 30-40 a ticket to these guys, so I may find something else to do, it may or may not involve the Sabres, so very sad, 3 months ago I would have found a way to see them one way or another 

Yep, i was circling the calendar 6 weeks ago thinking of driving up and getting tics because we would be battling the Pens for one of the wild card spots.. Since then our Sabres totally drained that enthusiasm into indifference and I am not even sure if I will watch. 

9 hours ago, LTS said:

Here's the secret...

If you need your coach to continually fire up the team and have them ready to play, you have the wrong team.

Players need to be self-motivated. Coaches are there to help turn it up when the self-motivation falters, they are not there to replace it.

This team is still looking for those 1-2 players who will do that.  They don't have them right now.  They haven't had them in a long time.

Perhaps I can find new ways to motivate them.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.