GDT: Penguins @ Sabres 3-1-19 @7PM

spndnchz

Just now, WanderingEye said:

It worked out in the end but I was like "oh my god no" when the puck got thrown back to Ullmark

They do that all of the time.  If you watched half of the 10-game streak you'd know that.

10 hours ago, DarthEbriate said:

Pittsburgh has Crosby and Malkin... two of the guys (Ovie) to whom Risto plays his most physical and annoying. (If only he could do that against the Leafs, Lightning, and Boston. You know... within our division.) The rest of our team feeds off that tonight, even if Crosby goes for 1-1-2.

Sabres 4, Pens 3. Barely miss an empty net.

Do not underestimate the power of the Moulson. 

(I’ll catch a quick version of the game tomorrow). Carry on!

Just now, WanderingEye said:

That was so long ago I guess I don't remember it, condescending jerk

You don't need to go back that far.  It's a common tactic in OT across the NHL.  We just happen to have goalies that are more competent at it, so you're likely to see the Sabres do it more frequently.

1 minute ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I was hoping Dahlin got a point in the OT, doesn't look like it 

He got points in the fans hearts.

2 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Boy, that was a short bench in the third. Reminded me of those comeback wins in 06-07.

I thought that was curious.  Phil was clearly doing some management there.

Regardless of how this season plays out, I'm confident that Skinner wants to be a part of the long term solution here with how he plays his heart out and celebrates his teammates' goals among other things. 

Montour was great, otherwise our defensive coverage everywhere throughout the game was an abomination. I'm glad the PP has been improving and that our main stars looked great tonight. Also, shoutout to whipping boys 21 and 43 for playing as good as they have all year!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.