GDT: Penguins @ Sabres 3-1-19 @7PM

spndnchz

39 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

So a third pairing d-man in Anaheim comes to Buffalo and has the tying goal and an assist in his second game as a Sabre. Hmm....that says something to me. 

He was not a regular third pairing player on the Ducks.

Jack still not hitting anyone in the corners... gotta be something wrong with his shoulders.  If he plays this way next year... someone, maybe Risto or get Kaleta back and have him practice running against a brick wall a dozen times before each game.  His stick handling and offensive control is awesome, but he avoids contact like hospital workers.

34 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Yea that one irritated me... like he couldn't figure out what else to say...

I feel like I've seen at least 3 other overtime games where dunleavy said the same thing after an overtime win.

Edited by OverPowerYou

58 minutes ago, SDS said:

Dunleavey: “The cardiac kids do it again!” ? what an awful call three months after relevancy. 

40 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Yea that one irritated me... like he couldn't figure out what else to say...

6 minutes ago, OverPowerYou said:

I feel like I've seen at least 3 other overtime games where dunleavy said the same thing after an overtime win.

He's trying to make his own brand/style, I guess...

I must admit, I'm enjoying him much more than I did at first, and I think he's gotten better. Nonetheless, I find many of his go-to calls ("Eichel tower," "Sam-I-am") absolutely cringe-worthy

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, erickompositör72 said:

He's trying to make his own brand/style, I guess...

I must admit, I'm enjoying him much more than I did at first, and I think he's gotten better. Nonetheless, I find many of his go-to calls ("Eichel tower," "Sam-I-am") absolutely cringe-worthy

I really like the way he calls the game and think he should take over after RJ is done. I do agree that his “go to calls” are trash but that he can learn. We have been spoiled with RJ  the best play by play guy in the NHL. 

7 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

They didn't show it, they didn't rewind far enough, do you happen to have a clip? I didn't know what they were talking about lol 

They challenged Dahlin entry when he let go of the puck entered the zone before the puck crossed and gained control of it after it entered. They consider control since he had it before he entered and then after he entered. I would not of been surprised if they called it the other way. Could not find a replay of it. 

found a really crappy Pens fan video he’s annoying but it shows it. 

Edited by bobs0108

1 hour ago, bobs0108 said:

They challenged Dahlin entry when he let go of the puck entered the zone before the puck crossed and gained control of it after it entered. They consider control since he had it before he entered and then after he entered. I would not of been surprised if they called it the other way. Could not find a replay of it. 

Thanks for that, wow, I'm shocked they didn't call it back honestly. We've seen that called back 9/10 times.... I'll take it 

• SDS unpinned this topic
7 hours ago, bobs0108 said:

What we all needed but didn't know it:  Hockey narrated by Master Blaster from the Mad Max movies.

Anyway. That was a fun one!  I went 5-0 this season at the Arena, folks.  So if you really, really want that Cup, send me money.

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, Eleven said:

What we all needed but didn't know it:  Hockey narrated by Master Blaster from the Mad Max movies.

Anyway. That was a fun one!  I went 5-0 this season at the Arena, folks.  So if you really, really want that Cup, send me money.

Speaking of, I owe you some George Washingtons, ima make it rain!

Yeah, that call could have gone either way.  What bothers me (philosophically) about the replay rule is that the goal was 17 seconds after the zone entry and, if I remember correctly, a Pittsburgh player had possession of the puck at one point after the entry, but failed to clear it.  Technically, it's fruit of the poisoned tree, but at that point, it starts to get ridiculous to go back.  It's especially irritating when it happens after the game has ended in a tie, so they threw out some strange shinny game (which would be followed by a skills competition, if needed), all to decide a point that didn't exist until the game ended in a tie.  It's already a coin-flip based on different rules than the actual game, itself, for a nonsensical extra point.

Edited by carpandean
  • Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.