GDT: Penguins @ Sabres 3-1-19 @7PM

spndnchz

8 hours ago, Sabre1974 said:

I just want us to be ready from the start. Heard too many times from housley about them not being ready and being sluggish, slow. That's on you mate.  And compete for the whole game. Please win. 

Here's the secret...

If you need your coach to continually fire up the team and have them ready to play, you have the wrong team.

Players need to be self-motivated. Coaches are there to help turn it up when the self-motivation falters, they are not there to replace it.

This team is still looking for those 1-2 players who will do that.  They don't have them right now.  They haven't had them in a long time.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, LTS said:

Here's the secret...

If you need your coach to continually fire up the team and have them ready to play, you have the wrong team.

Players need to be self-motivated. Coaches are there to help turn it up when the self-motivation falters, they are not there to replace it.

This team is still looking for those 1-2 players who will do that.  They don't have them right now.  They haven't had them in a long time.

Agreed.  I would like to know how a coach can motivate a team that isn't self-motivated.  Pom-poms? Whips? An epic speech pre-game and in-between each period?  Promises of more video game time on the plane?

What sucks is that even up to a month or so ago, we were looking forward to the 2 pens games as they were the "most important" ones we needed to win, all we had to do was stay afloat a little. We then lost to Florida, NJ, etc etc and here we are, out of touch and fading fast, leave it to Buffalo to find a way and turn it on after the fat lady has sung. I'm not advocating for draft position but does turning it on now and going into the off season hot really matter 

4 hours ago, steveoath said:

I am weirdly expecting a good performance tonight. Crazy Phil's line selection lottery machine has churned out some decent results from seemingly horrible lines.

I predict an all offence game. Sabres win by the odd goal in 9.

Pittsburgh has Crosby and Malkin... two of the guys (Ovie) to whom Risto plays his most physical and annoying. (If only he could do that against the Leafs, Lightning, and Boston. You know... within our division.) The rest of our team feeds off that tonight, even if Crosby goes for 1-1-2.

Sabres 4, Pens 3. Barely miss an empty net.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

What sucks is that even up to a month or so ago, we were looking forward to the 2 pens games as they were the "most important" ones we needed to win, all we had to do was stay afloat a little. We then lost to Florida, NJ, etc etc and here we are, out of touch and fading fast, leave it to Buffalo to find a way and turn it on after the fat lady has sung. I'm not advocating for draft position but does turning it on now and going into the off season hot really matter 

Yep. Fully expect them to embarrass me with all my buddies here that are Penguins fans.   

If they just played hard and smarter most games and let the chips fall where they may I would feel better about it.

Fell as fast as we climbed. From so much hope and promise back to so much horse manure. 

Don't know how these players can be happy over the last several months looking like they play one out of four games as a team with enthusiasm and maximum effort.  

Where's a Lindy when you need someone sending the guys out saying "Go run em"... 

Lets go Buffalo, show some life for your fans.  

1 hour ago, ... said:

Agreed.  I would like to know how a coach can motivate a team that isn't self-motivated.  Pom-poms? Whips? An epic speech pre-game and in-between each period?  Promises of more video game time on the plane?

Yeah fair enough. Totally agree that we need 1-2 players that will change things in the room. Needed so badly and yes not had these types for a long long time. 

Friend called us last night with free 200 level tickets, so I guess that means we're attending this one. Her husband is a Penguins fan as well, so hopefully the home team gives a solid showing tonight so we don't have to listen to him all game :)

3 hours ago, Eleven said:

My last game of the season.  Well, until tickets go to about $5 and there are callups from Rochester to evaluate. 

Let me know if you want to say hello since I missed the SS meetup.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.