Sabres Practice Report 2/28/2019

LGR4GM

5 minutes ago, woods-racer said:

No matter what way you slice this loaf we are in need of a 2C.

I think we have a great first line. There’s A LOT of parts there to make lines 3-4 really dangerous and deep. Great foundation.,

But I think we’re missing an entire 2nd line..... not just a 2C. But can that be done this offseason?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, New Guy said:

The last part about Sobotka and Scandella was the best part of all this. Otherwise...Okposo promoted to line 2 aside Sheary? Gag me. Let's go ahead and put Sam on the top line to further weaken our depth, too.

I don't understand why it took the coach 35 weeks to figure out Scandella and Sobotka suck. (this is where I find out they are injured and the coach still has no clue)

20 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

My 4 would be Jack, Skinner, Reino and Mittle when ready but E-rod right now

Mittlestadt isnt even a top 4 Amerk.

38 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

This post should appear in the Fire Housley Thread.

Because it took the coach 6 months to figure out 17 & 2 are bad at the hockey?

4 minutes ago, inkman said:

I don't understand why it took the coach 35 weeks to figure out Scandella and Sobotka suck. (this is where I find out they are injured and the coach still has no clue)

Mittlestadt isnt even a top 4 Amerk.

Because it took the coach 6 months to figure out 17 & 2 are bad at the hockey?

Yes and because he insists on keeping the Top Line Together, when Reinhart was helping the second line perform much better. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, New Guy said:

X-37-23 was a good second line back when we won one out of every two games about a week ago...

Agreed. At this point Jack and Sam on separate lines should be a foregone conclusion.

Pommers with Jack & Jeff gives that line ~90% of the effectiveness of Sam with that pair, and Sam on the second line turns them from road kill into an offensive threat.

• Like (+1) 4

42 minutes ago, Samson's Flow said:

Agreed. At this point Jack and Sam on separate lines should be a foregone conclusion.

Pommers with Jack & Jeff gives that line ~90% of the effectiveness of Sam with that pair, and Sam on the second line turns them from road kill into an offensive threat.

In my mind, that’s the perfect line for Olofsson next season. He’s got the shot to convert from Eichel’s feeds and this season he’s shown he can feed passes as well. Playing with them would give him the space he needs to create and transition to the NHL game, all while adding to the scoresheet and presumably confidence. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.