How far do we fall in the standings??

John Tucker

21 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Big mistake. That's how you end up in cap hell. You need to stagger your players coming in and balance rookie contracts against FAs and big signings (Skinner). We should end up drafting around #7 and that can be a really good pick.  

Definitely not. Not the fact that this number 7 will play. We must proceed from the fact that it is better for us now and consider all the options. Players like fans want to win, not sit at the bottom of the list.

11 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I was interested in that guy with the weird name who is consensus #2 winger (sorry I forget name) he's bigger and closing the gap on Hughes. 

As for trades, I think #1 would bring back a solid #2C and prospect, maybe a Courtier + deal, or something similar. Unfortunatley I don't follow the rest of the league as close, so in drawing a blank on who would trade for the first pick. 

I just think that we def need to add some size and grit to this team, not every player mind you, but I think we could be a more complete team if we were to trade a nice young talent. 

It looks like this team is falling no matter what I think.

I am so disappointed with this team from too many post game interviews where I heard one of our players say something, something , we weren't ready to play, ... they came out with more desperation, etc.  If that's just press speak then find something else to say because that tells me your not a team playing for each other.  

Yes we have some talent but still lack a lot of heart and compete. 

Effort can exceed talent when talent plays w/o effort, and the efforts of a group/team playing together exceeds the efforts of few with or w/o talent.     

11 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

... Insert famous Tom petty song here 

I assume you’re referencing Free Falling.    But there are so many others that fit this motif.   How about ‘break down’ or Even the Losers’?  Or ‘Yer so bad’?  Or ‘You got Lucky’ (on that 10 game streak)?

8 hours ago, Broken Ankles said:

I assume you’re referencing Free Falling.    But there are so many others that fit this motif.   How about ‘break down’ or Even the Losers’?  Or ‘Yer so bad’?  Or ‘You got Lucky’ (on that 10 game streak)?

Running down a dream? ?

On 3/2/2019 at 11:43 PM, Broken Ankles said:

I prefer "The Song Remains the Same."

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, dudacek said:

I almost don’t want this to happen.

Justseems certain to cement our destiny as the Edmonton of the east.

If the Sabres miss the playoffs, winning the lottery would be great.  Unlike the Eulers, the Sabres have spent 1 of those lottery picks on a franchise D-man.  They also have Ristolainen (8), and several other 1st rounders from other teams.  The Eulers comparables are Nurse (7) & Bouchard (10) last year & then trades of their own.  Not really comparable.

48 minutes ago, carpandean said:

For fun, teams in the East since their respective 25th games (end of streak for Sabres):

Sabres-SinceGame25-20190303.thumb.jpg.582c068ee55092108fd220ae03eaf905.jpg

(As usual, relative to 95-point "playoff" pace.)

Check out that Ottawa nosedive trajectory!

And also have a look at Tampa Bay; looks like a space shuttle launch right off the chart. 

1 hour ago, Kruppstahl said:

Check out that Ottawa nosedive trajectory!

And also have a look at Tampa Bay; looks like a space shuttle launch right off the chart.

It's amazing that in the last 41 games, they have separated by another 41 points.  It would be interesting to go back and check the widest gap between 1st and last over a season.  It has to be in jeopardy.

Edit: 2016-17 gap was 70, 2005-06 gap was 67, 2013-14 gap was 65.  Currently, TBL-OTT are on pace for 66, but as I said, 41 of the 53 so far have been in the last 41 games, so ...

Edited by carpandean

I predict this team will quit at some point and it could get ugly enough that we don't win another game as of some point in time, well before our last game.

We will probably do a disproportionate amount of losing (more than normal) for the last month of the season.

Will be interesting to see just how low we fall when the season is over. 

• Like (+1) 1

Rangers (1 point back) play Edmonton tonight (2 points back) and Chicago (2 points back) plays AZ.

A Edmonton OT win coupled with a Chicago win will put us in a 4-way tie for 7th place (with Van 4 points behind and ANA 6 points back).

Will the Sabres be capable of winning the next without Eichel?  My gut tells me at least one of those games they'll over perform and pull off a win but my other gut tells me "if you though the Avs game was embarrassing, just wait and check this out".

I feel like 7th is the lowest we can go but with this team in free-fall and a few bounces for VAN or ANA we can conceivable sink even lower.

I hate that I'm doing this analysis right now ? 

3 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

Meh, I don't see them winning more than 4 games rest of the way. They might eek out 10 more points.

In a sport where goals come from butts, shins and your own players; I'm less confident than you are in the outcomes of the remaining games. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.