Nashville defense vs Sabres defense

SDS

2 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Let me be the first, and probably only one, to tell you that Rear Balls Creek is a real place and it's awesome.

Is you last name 'Balls' a tribute to your adopted home town, or a shout out to any number of former, possible current, Sabre players?  Maybe you just liked the sound of it so much that you had to use it as your name and not just location, eh?

I heard about Rear Balls Creek awhile back when an old high school friend moved to N.S. I didn't believe him at first and had to look it up, lol. As for the name Claude Balls, he was a fictional author who wrote the book - Revenge of the Tiger. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

20 hours ago, JJFIVEOH said:

The difference is goaltending? Hutton started almost half the season last year for Nashville and was #1 in the league in save percentage. 

20 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Hutton started almost half the season in Nashville last year and had the #1 league sv%.... wow that's impressive. For several reasons. Most of them involve that entire sentence being b###s##t.

20 hours ago, JJFIVEOH said:

What do you mean by that?

20 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

The only part of your sentence that is grounded in fact is the sv% part. Of course that is interesting because you aren't using a games started minimum for that so even that is questionable. You go do your own research and figure out the rest. 

19 hours ago, JJFIVEOH said:

My only point was Swamp said the only difference between Nashville and BFLO was goaltending, so I pointed out that we've both used the same goaltender for a good portion of the season. You're reading way too much into what I said. 

19 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

This isn't true. At all. 0% true. 

I didn't read too much into what you said. What you said was totally incorrect. The worst part is you couldn't even be bothered to fact check yourself. 

Let's evaluate your claims:

1) Hutton played in Nashville last year: False, he played in St Louis. He played in Nashville back in 2016 where he started a whopping 15 games. 

2) Hutton started half the season last year: False, he started only 26 games for St. Louis which is closer to a quarter than a half. The only season Hutton has come close to half is the 2013-2014 season in Nashville (34 starts). He was however nowhere near the top of the league in sv% in 2014 because he had a .910 sv%. 

3) Hutton had the #1 sv% in the league last year: Technically true, if you don't look at games started and take that into account. Curtis McElhinney started only 15 games and has a higher sv% so it really all depends on where you draw the games started line. I would personally draw it around 40 starts not 26. 

Conclusion is that an entire argument based around Nashville having the same goaltending as Buffalo last year is 100% wrong. 

Sources: 

https://www.hockey-reference.com/players/h/huttoca01.html

https://www.hockey-reference.com/leagues/NHL_2014_goalies.html

28 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I didn't read too much into what you said. What you said was totally incorrect. The worst part is you couldn't even be bothered to fact check yourself. 

Let's evaluate your claims:

1) Hutton played in Nashville last year: False, he played in St Louis. He played in Nashville back in 2016 where he started a whopping 15 games. 

2) Hutton started half the season last year: False, he started only 26 games for St. Louis which is closer to a quarter than a half. The only season Hutton has come close to half is the 2013-2014 season in Nashville (34 starts). He was however nowhere near the top of the league in sv% in 2014 because he had a .910 sv%. 

3) Hutton had the #1 sv% in the league last year: Technically true, if you don't look at games started and take that into account. Curtis McElhinney started only 15 games and has a higher sv% so it really all depends on where you draw the games started line. I would personally draw it around 40 starts not 26. 

Conclusion is that an entire argument based around Nashville having the same goaltending as Buffalo last year is 100% wrong. 

Sources: 

https://www.hockey-reference.com/players/h/huttoca01.html

https://www.hockey-reference.com/leagues/NHL_2014_goalies.html

Note to self ! 

Make sure I know my facts before I make any definitive claims or statements or ?.

?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.