Site will be down for a few hours 2/27, 2 pm

SDS

2 minutes ago, SDS said:

I hope "on" not "in".

Take this, smart guy:

toilet

NOUN

• 1A fixed receptacle into which a person may urinate or defecate, typically consisting of a large bowl connected to a system for flushing away the waste into a sewer.

‘Liz heard the toilet flush’

‘he got up to go to the toilet’
    as modifier ‘a toilet seat’
    More example sentences
    Synonyms
    1. 1.1 A room, building, or cubicle containing a toilet or toilets.
      ‘a public toilet’

as modifier ‘someone pushed at the toilet door’
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ... said:

Take this, smart guy:

toilet

NOUN

• 1A fixed receptacle into which a person may urinate or defecate, typically consisting of a large bowl connected to a system for flushing away the waste into a sewer.

‘Liz heard the toilet flush’

‘he got up to go to the toilet’
    as modifier ‘a toilet seat’
    More example sentences
    Synonyms
    1. 1.1 A room, building, or cubicle containing a toilet or toilets.
      ‘a public toilet’

as modifier ‘someone pushed at the toilet door’

When the Sabres are in the crapper, we get posts about the definition of the crapper.  It always comes down to semantics on/in this place, doesn't it?

6 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Seems to be faster & most of the weird issues that I'd thought were related to my tablet seem to have cleared up.

Thanks!  

That's odd, since it was all backend stuff. Maybe some cache got cleared.

My real headache comes in the next 18 months when my OS gets end-of-lifed and I have to format and re-install everything. That will also have big performance improvements, but that's a massive headache setting up essentially new server.

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SDS said:

My real headache comes in the next 18 months when my OS gets end-of-lifed and I have to format and re-install everything. That will also have big performance improvements, but that's a massive headache setting up essentially new server.

More accurately, it was odd.  Seems now that I've moved on to another page and back, the weird bugs (that I am quite certain ONLY affect this tablet whichis why I don't bring them upin the customer service page) are back.  Probably something to do with caching as they WERE mostly gone.

Oh well, was nice while it lasted. :(

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

More accurately, it was odd.  Seems now that I've moved on to another page and back, the weird bugs (that I am quite certain ONLY affect this tablet whichis why I don't bring them upin the customer service page) are back.  Probably something to do with caching as they WERE mostly gone.

Oh well, was nice while it lasted. ?

if iOS, have you tried Safari and Chrome?

50 minutes ago, SDS said:

Sounds like we’re due for another great board crash of whatever year it was. I can’t wait for all the posts complaining that their post count isn’t high enough. 

14 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I had the best post ever and when I clicked on the submit button ... boom!!  Site down for maintenance.  The best post ever and it is lost.  All gone.

SDS, if you have some spare time could you look for it for me.  Thanks.

It’s the board upgrade that keeps on giving! Maybe their will be some quirks and a few more gems with a Moosehead name in caps and exclamation points will fall through the cracks. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, SDS said:

RHEL/CentOS?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.