Trade: Beaulieu to Winnipeg for 6th rounder

LGR4GM

1 minute ago, jame said:

Man..... Toronto gets Nic Petan from Winnipeg for Par Lindholm.

Botts sucks... that would've been a great return for Beaulieu

So, Botterill should get Petan for a the C Nathan Beaulieu?  Is that how it works?  

Do you believe that Winnipeg would make that trade?  You just assume Botterill didn't ask for more?

Stop with the agenda.  It's ridiculous. You make some good points at time, but when then you follow it up with garbage like this.

3 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I'm not convinced Hamilton knows what was requested or not in this case.  No matter how it was worded, he wanted out.

OK...you know it all I guess...I guess the fact Bealieau also said he was wanting to stay here yesterday apparently doesn't matter either...gotta just take a tweet and run with it...

3 minutes ago, Eleven said:

He can't really keep ten defensemen in rotation.  

I mean, PH certainly could've done a better job. Scandella stayed in the lineup beyond his effectiveness. Not to mention Scandella does not fit Housley's system at all, while Beaulieu with all his flaws, does.

2 minutes ago, LTS said:

So, Botterill should get Petan for a the C Nathan Beaulieu?  Is that how it works?  

Do you believe that Winnipeg would make that trade?  You just assume Botterill didn't ask for more?

Stop with the agenda.  It's ridiculous. You make some good points at time, but when then you follow it up with garbage like this.

Do you guys get warnings from the mods for stuff like this? Just curious. 

Yea, Par Lindholm is a pending UFA. If Winnipeg was willing to give away Petan for a 13th forward rental, then Botts should've been able to get him.

3 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

OK...you know it all I guess...I guess the fact Bealieau also said he was wanting to stay here yesterday apparently doesn't matter either...gotta just take a tweet and run with it...

I don't know it all, but JBot does.  I suspect that the fact that he moved Beaulieu for not much is a pretty clear sign Beulieu didn't want to be here.

Beaulieu allegedly made a request back in January to be traded because of a lack of playing time and being a healthy scratch at the time.

But recently, had changed his tune to say he wanted to stay in Buffalo as his top choice IF he continued to get ice time, if not then he would rather go somewhere where he would get to play. 

So he did at one time request a trade, but recently said he would prefer to stay if he continued to have a chance to play.

4 minutes ago, Kruppstahl said:

Actually, in hockey, 6th = nothing.

?

A 6th is not "nothing". It is small value currency, but value nonetheless. These types of low value picks are exchanged all the time when more impactful deals are made.

2 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Beaulieu allegedly made a request back in January to be traded because of a lack of playing time and being a healthy scratch at the time.

But recently, had changed his tune to say he wanted to stay in Buffalo as his top choice IF he continued to get ice time, if not then he would rather go somewhere where he would get to play. 

So he did at one time request a trade, but recently said he would prefer to stay if he continued to have a chance to play.

Is that not what every requested trade basically is? It is usually because they're unhappy with their playing time and would stay if it changes

1 minute ago, apuszczalowski said:

He made a trade request and then followed it up with nothing but an effort to make sure he still comes across as a team player.  He played it well.  There's really not all that much to see with all of this at this point.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, jame said:

I mean, PH certainly could've done a better job. Scandella stayed in the lineup beyond his effectiveness. Not to mention Scandella does not fit Housley's system at all, while Beaulieu with all his flaws, does.

So is your complaint that Botterill didn't get enough for Beaulieu or that he didn't trade the defenseman you prefer he would have traded?

3 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I don't know it all, but JBot does.  I suspect that the fact that he moved Beaulieu for not much is a pretty clear sign Beulieu didn't want to be here.

He wanted to be in Buffalo IF he would continue to get ice time, if he was goi g to get scratched and not play, he would prefer to be moved. This is what he said the other day according to the reports today. They had to move a defenceman after getting Montour, I would assume then that the move wouldnt give more ice time to NB so they moved him for the best offer 

Just now, SDS said:

A 6th is not "nothing". It is small value currency, but value nonetheless. These types of low value picks are exchanged all the time when more impactful deals are made.

I was pretty furious with what Botterill did with the sixth last year.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SDS said:

The last piece of the Jeff Skinner trade?  6th round pick.  So yes, they can be late throw ins on larger deals.

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

I was pretty furious with what Botterill did with the sixth last year.

Beat me to it.

1 minute ago, shrader said:

He made a trade request and then followed it up with nothing but an effort to make sure he still comes across as a team player.  He played it well.  There's really not all that much to see with all of this at this point.

He didnt need to come accross as a team player, he made a request to be able to play somewhere that he would get ice time with. He told the team that if he was going to not have a chance to play, he wanted to be moved somewhere where he would have a chance. He wasnt refusing to play, or holding out, he wanted a chance to play and wasnt getting it.

1 minute ago, shrader said:

The last piece of the Jeff Skinner trade?  6th round pick.  So yes, they can be late throw ins on larger deals.

Beat me to it.

Moral of the story - a 6th round pick doesn't get you a Jeff Skinner by itself, but it can solidify the deal that does.

• Thanks (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Eleven said:

So is your complaint that Botterill didn't get enough for Beaulieu or that he didn't trade the defenseman you prefer he would have traded?

Both. He did the worst of all options. Got rid of a controlled asset for nothing. Seriously, he got UFA value for an RFA.

It's not the first time... hopefully Beaulieu doesn't go on to be a Norris contender lol    (Lehner)

1 minute ago, apuszczalowski said:

He didnt need to come accross as a team player, he made a request to be able to play somewhere that he would get ice time with. He told the team that if he was going to not have a chance to play, he wanted to be moved somewhere where he would have a chance. He wasnt refusing to play, or holding out, he wanted a chance to play and wasnt getting it.

Right, he doesn't have to, but it doesn't hurt either.

Just now, SDS said:

Moral of the story - a 6th round pick doesn't get you a Jeff Skinner by itself, but it can solidify the deal that does.

I dont know if I would word it as 'solidifying the deal' as I doubt the Canes were holding off on making it a deal until Buffalo included a 6th, I think it's more of a 'sweetener' where throwing it in is gravy so they can say they got more then Pu for him....

3 minutes ago, jame said:

Both. He did the worst of all options. Got rid of a controlled asset for nothing. Seriously, he got UFA value for an RFA.

It's not the first time... hopefully Beaulieu doesn't go on to be a Norris contender lol    (Lehner)

We've covered Lehner. He was never going to make it here. He also looked about the same in the game we played them so, glad he's gone. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.