Trade: Beaulieu to Winnipeg for 6th rounder

LGR4GM

4 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

No he didn't.  He said he wanted to stay in Buffalo but he wanetd to play more.  He said his first preference was to stay here but if he wasn't going to play then he wanted to go somewhere he could.  

definitely not the same as "asking" to be traded.

Edited by Doohickie

1 minute ago, matter2003 said:

You are wrong. Paul Hamilton was just on WGR and reiterated he did NOT say he wanted to be traded, it was exactly what I wrote.

I'm not convinced Hamilton knows what was requested or not in this case.  No matter how it was worded, he wanted out.

1 minute ago, jame said:

Botts turned a 3rd in to a 6th while giving up NHL Defensive Depth....  Botts has a plan though.

So, you are in other threads not even caring about late 1st round picks and then you are in here talking about 3rds and 6ths?

Also, do you think the Sabres would have qualified Beaulieu this summer?  I don't.  He was done.  You know he was done.  He was clearly not endearing himself to the proper people. So, to put all the blame on the GM when the player is at least as culpable is misplacing your blame.

Just now, LTS said:

So, you are in other threads not even caring about late 1st round picks and then you are in here talking about 3rds and 6ths?

Also, do you think the Sabres would have qualified Beaulieu this summer?  I don't.  He was done.  You know he was done.  He was clearly not endearing himself to the proper people. So, to put all the blame on the GM when the player is at least as culpable is misplacing your blame.

It's all relative right?

A good GM would've done some more to ensure Beaulieu got some deserved ice time. 

I would've qualified Beaulieu... because it would've maintained the depth from which to trade Scandella or McCabe, trades that would've potentially provided more impactful returns.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.