Trade: Beaulieu to Winnipeg for 6th rounder

LGR4GM

Just now, LGR4GM said:

Getting a 6th rounder for a NHL defender just seems mediocre

It is.. a mediocre defenseman who can't break the lineup on a team that just traded for more D.  

He wasn't going to get more.  At this point he would just be wasting a contract spot. 

Just now, LTS said:

It is.. a mediocre defenseman who can't break the lineup on a team that just traded for more D.  

He wasn't going to get more.  At this point he would just be wasting a contract spot. 

I'd imagine they let it go down to the wire and then took the best they could get.

2 minutes ago, LTS said:

The leverage point here is a good one. Tough to convince other teams that we don't need to trade Beaulieu when we have 9 NHL defensemen on the roster.

• SDS pinned this topic
Just now, Carmel Corn said:

I thought they would do better though....some teams have some banged-up D-men.  Not a rental situation either.

Beaulieu may enjoy this new situation though.

Well, The Penguins learned that one of their D should be back soon and then got Gudbrandson.  Truthfully, I think I'd rather have Beaulieu but I would imagine that the Pens wanted Gudbrandson.

10 minutes ago, LTS said:

The thing is, I like Beaulieu and I don't get why he wasn't in the line-up more.  He is the only player whose usage made the complaints about Phil's player usage legit to me.  If Scandella or someone else was worth more, they could have moved them instead.

However, the reality is that Beaulieu dug his own hole after publickly saying he wanted to be traded.  Too bad.

Edited by ...
horrible day for typing it is
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Trettioåtta said:

He asked for a trade a while ago

No he didn't.  He said he wanted to stay in Buffalo but he wanetd to play more.  He said his first preference was to stay here but if he wasn't going to play then he wanted to go somewhere he could.  

definitely not the same as "asking" to be traded.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.