Mike Commodore: Babcock is a terrible person

LGR4GM

24 minutes ago, Torpedo Forecheck said:

If not all of them!

You either have to decide what you want on your gravestone.

Either, He was too nice a guy or he only wanted to win no matter what it took. Mike chose the latter.

Who was the former player that said of Scotty Bowman -they opened him up and their is no heart inside!

Not sure.  Could've been just about anyone that played for him over 4 decades.  He was pretty much universally respected by his players (McKegney a major exception) but also universally despised by them.

• Thanks (+1) 1

13 hours ago, matter2003 said:

I was listening to it too...said he would get off the team bus and go to the luggage area and start throwing guys bags out on the ground until he found his and then yell at the team assistants responsible for loading the bus and say "I'm the head coach of the xxxx team! Why isn't my bag on top!?"

Maybe because a coach is only relevant if the players listen to them. Hence the players are more important. Kind of like how Bylsma didn’t win cups, Sid and Malkin did. Or how Babcock doesn’t have Toronto where they are st in the standings, an overkill of offensive talent does. Sorry, I am all of sudden wanting to beat Babcock.

22 hours ago, IKnowPhysics said:

By the way, Mike Commodore crushed the trade deadline, breaking three trades:  

He also fumble Simmonds' trade twice, but meh.

Or he didn't and things changed at the last moment... what did he say about the Simmond's trades?  Curious if that means others were in on him.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.