GDT: Sabres at Leafs 2-25-19 7PM

spndnchz

1 minute ago, Doohickie said:

Watch, Thompson will pot 2 tonight.

That'd be great.  Thompson I wouldn't call sluggish, but holy moly KO and Sobotka on the same line is just...yech.  I'm guessing the rationale is that Tage has a knack for stealing the puck off of sticks in the neutral zone and might be able to cash in on a feed from KO.  And KO can score once in a while but is "good" on the boards.  It's like a shut-down lite line.  Ugh.

4 minutes ago, ... said:

That'd be great.  Thompson I wouldn't call sluggish, but holy moly KO and Sobotka on the same line is just...yech.  I'm guessing the rationale is that Tage has a knack for stealing the puck off of sticks in the neutral zone and might be able to cash in on a feed from KO.  And KO can score once in a while but is "good" on the boards.  It's like a shut-down lite line.  Ugh.

• Haha (+1) 4

19 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Is that like jumbo shrimp?

army intelligence?

nah. my understanding is that the corsi/fenwick numbers are what amount to basic advanced stats -- the top crust just below the surface. the people who do that stuff for a living dig way, way deeper, evidently.

So, I would just like to leave you all with this...……………..

I was traversing the intra-Leafs=webs today, several of their fan forums in fact, and the reaction of Buffalo getting Montour and their management not addressing their RD situation has an overwhelming majority of their fans/fanbase in complete and utter melt down mode. I kid you not, the responses are priceless, and I mean priceless.

The icing on this cake would be for our boys to beat the snot out of'em on the scoreboard tonight and take the game. That would just be pure heaven.

But as of now, I am a bad person, as I find myself filled with an overwhelming emotion of joy, glee, fulfillment, happiness as I watch them all completely lose their marbles.

GO SABRES!!!!!!!!

Edited by Scottysabres
  • Thanks (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

So, I would just like to leave you all with this...……………..

I was traversing the intra-Leafs=webs today, several of their fan forums in fact, and the reaction of Buffalo getting Montour and their management not addressing their RD situation has an overwhelming majority of their fans/fanbase in complete and utter melt down mode. I kid you not, the responses are priceless, and I mean priceless.

The icing on this cake would be for our boys to beat the snot out of'em on the scoreboard tonight and take the game. That would just be pure heaven.

But as of now, I am a bad person, as I find myself filled with an overwhelming emotion of joy, glee, fulfillment, happiness as I watch them all completely lose their marbles.

I'm all for a healthy serving of Leafenfreude.

I will add: I'm fairly convinced that all fan bases are more or less the same, in terms of the kinds of people that populate them. I also think that, the larger a team's fan base is (such as with the Leafs), the more obsessive know-it-alls, hobbyist GMs, kooks, wingnuts, and tinfoil hat wearers there are. Which is to say, I think there's a huge majority of Leaf fans who aren't bent out of shape over Muzzin and Montour (and a big chunk of that super majority who are only vaguely aware of this sort of thing). And then there's that small slice I mentioned above -- is it 10%? -- who are just frothing at the mouth over stuff like this. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

IMG_20190225_181937.thumb.jpg.7b06f07eb3c30ca8486fdc22c006a32e.jpg

1) Even on rural Ohio, I can't escape Leafs fans. 

2) Pretty sure this is a counterfeit jersey. 

3) Real or not, who in the world wants a Zach Hyman jersey when you have so many good options? 

A Hyman jersey with the number 11, which makes it look even more like a cooch.  He has to get beaten up regularly.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.