GDT: Sabres at Leafs 2-25-19 7PM

spndnchz

Blow Leafs Blow!

From the Game Notes…

• This is the second of four meetings between the Sabres and Maple Leafs this season.
  • Last meeting: Toronto defeated Buffalo 4-3 (OT) in Buffalo on Dec. 4, 2018
  • Next meeting: Saturday, March 2 in Toronto

• Jack Eichel has totaled 13 points (8+5) in 10 career games against Toronto, including six (3+3) in five road games.
  • Sam Reinhart has recorded 13 points (5+8) in his last 13 games against the Maple Leafs, including at least a point in seven of the last eight meetings.
  • Carter Hutton is 3-0-0 against Toronto in his career with a .930 save percentage and a 1.99 goals-against average.
  • Jason Pominville (3+2) and Jeff Skinner (1+4) each enter tonight's game on four-game point streaks against the Maple Leafs.
  • Rasmus Ristolainen has recorded six assists in his last five games against Toronto.

• The Sabres have allowed just one power-play goal in their last seven games, going 11-for-12 on the penalty kill (91.7%) during that stretch.

• Today's game opens up Buffalo's 12th of 16 sets of back-to-back games this season, which continues tomorrow night at Philadelphia.
  • The Sabres are 6-4-1 in the first game of back-to-back sets and 5-4-2 in the second game so far this season. Buffalo's point breakdown in their previous back-to-back sets is: four points (3), three points (1), two points (4), one point (2) and zero points (1).
  • Like (+1) 5

7 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

There is an Air Canada Flight from Vancouver to Toronto that lands at 2pm. I hope Montour is on it. 

yeah would want leafs nation to see the guy they wanted dubas to trade nylander + 3rd round pick for.

Will have to watch the score from work, can't wait for first home game for montour though, I think the crowd will be pumped.

I hated that Rob Ray was talking up our great effort in our shootout loss to Tampa on Thursday, but we came out looking really good against the Caps. Tampa is the best team in the league, but at this point we need wins, not just garbage points.

Tonight's game will be that much more important. Plus I hate the Leafs and would love to beat them in their own barn. Hopefully Montour makes it in..

9 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

I’m calling it now. Ray and/or RJ call him Minotaur.

That would be an awesome nickname, we already have a Samson. Corner the market on mythological story names and creatures. 

4 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

It's clearly (and sadly) going to be Montador.

RIP Montador, I hope you continue your career in heaven

The team has said it and then so will I.  

Must win !

This is the division rivalry team to beat.  Since the Tampa game the team is playing with Confidence.

I would like to see someone punk Mr. Marleau for that boarding he did to Jack previous game. Oh yeah i haven't forgot and and I think that might be the base injury that jack has been playing though since.

Paging the raging Mr. Bogosian, please report as the disciplinarian, tonight.

So does anyone have a hat trick in him tonight? Doesn't matter to me as long as the good guys win..

Lets Go Buffalo. Win one on the road.              

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Doohickie said:

Obvious smoke screen.  ?

If this was the WWE he would come out as a surprise with entrance music and the announcers going batty.

Sadly, I think nothing of the sort will occur tonight. ?

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I hope there is a morning skate. Would give us a small insight into other possible moves. 

I would expect guys like Beaulieu would be extra skaters in anticipation of being in trade discussions. But yes, if any other "odd" lineup moves happen they may be indications of other trade talks.

I love trade deadline day... 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.