Official:Trade Brandon Montour to Buffalo for 1st and Guhle

Brawndo

1 minute ago, TrueBlueGED said:

1 minute ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I think he's a better passer and skater than McCabe. And it really depends what you think of Risto. It's hard for me to judge straight up, but I'd rather pay Montour $3.5M than Risto $5.5M.

I'll take Risto and the offense personally. Plus Montour isn't going to be making  $3.5M for long 

Edited by WildCard

1 minute ago, ct fab said:

Montour = Less offense than Risto, more offense than McCabe.  Much better defensively/muh better hockey IQ than either of them.  Solid solid trade.  Guhle was never a JB guy and those late 1st are a bit hit or miss and the 2019 draft is supposed to have a sever dropoff after the high teens anyway

Then I think we're saying buh-bye to either Risto or McCabe.  Probably Risto.

8 minutes ago, LTS said:

He's got until 2020-2021 at $3.3M or so... then RFA.

8 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

1 more yr at 3.3 mil roughly then an RFA.

Thanks guys. That RFA status allows us to maintain control for a while, but also let's the team see what they're getting with a full season as a sabre.

• Like (+1) 1

This is certainly the kind of trade that makes you wonder "what's next?"

You can see where Botterill was looking ahead with bringing Montour in.  I'm pretty excited about the whole thing.  But, the Sabres do have to move someone.

Definitely a trade for now and the next few years. Very solid young defenseman.  Fills a RHD need.  The right age.  

I liked Guhle and I’m surprised he looked so shakey in his short stint with us this year.  Clearly he is behind Nelson and Pilut and Hunwick.  

Dont like giving up a #1 but not surprised by it.  

That 1st is a heavy price, but it looks like getting NHL-ready D is costly this deadline. I love the move, though.

3 minutes ago, JJFIVEOH said:

If this means Ristolainen getting shipped out, I'll be highly disappointed. 

I'm intrigued as to what is next. Is Risto really a piece to move now? And if so, we need a D prospect coming back, just like we gave up Guhle for Montour. If defense really is so pricey this deadline, then Risto for a top-6 F plus a top D prospect (1st round pick).

4 minutes ago, IrwinNelson said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/RK_Stimp/status/1099821556027613185?s=19

Stimson doesn’t seem to like it. Can someone give an explanation as to what I’m looking at and why/if I should be concerned?

Well that's it.  The trade's a bust and we'll hear about it for the next four years.

3 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

That 1st is a heavy price, but it looks like getting NHL-ready D is costly this deadline. I love the move, though.

I'm intrigued as to what is next. Is Risto really a piece to move now? And if so, we need a D prospect coming back, just like we gave up Guhle for Montour. If defense really is so pricey this deadline, then Risto for a top-6 F plus a top D prospect (1st round pick).

There are holes on this team that need to be fixed, obviously. They're still a ways away from being serious contenders. Ristolainen isn't one of the problems.  I'm not liking where this is going. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, ... said:

Well that's it.  The trade's a bust and we'll hear about it for the next four years.

I mean, the athletic is the best sports coverage around and he’s a Sabres writer. Just looking to get an understanding of what someone presumably more knowledgeable about hockey thinks about the trade. No need for whatever this is. 

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

ok HF is fun now, they all think we did a steal, I just think its a pretty fair trade.

[âIMG]

Reddit hockey seems to think we crushed the trade too

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.