Official:Trade Brandon Montour to Buffalo for 1st and Guhle

Brawndo

9 hours ago, dudacek said:

With the way he skates and battled, it's almost like Guhle suddenly learned how to play hockey.

It's funny you say that.  Watching the game he actually reminded me of a better version of Guhle.  He does have some similar characteristics in the way he skates and aggressiveness in the O zone.  

Guhle may get there in a couple years, the first could turn into something nice.  I still make this trade all day.  I really think Montour will be a very nice middle pairing guy for a long time.  

24 minutes ago, Derrico said:

It's funny you say that.  Watching the game he actually reminded me of a better version of Guhle.  He does have some similar characteristics in the way he skates and aggressiveness in the O zone.  

Guhle may get there in a couple years, the first could turn into something nice.  I still make this trade all day.  I really think Montour will be a very nice middle pairing guy for a long time.  

Speaking of Guhle he was in the lineup last night for the Ducks. They paired him with Cam Fowler and he played 24 minutes and was a -2.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/25/2019 at 8:11 AM, PASabreFan said:

"These" show up on my screen as some kind of cruel eye test for 50-somethings. Let's see, doc.. O I F? Uh, G? I O?

Good to see you posting again. When did you get out? 

Getting out is relative.  Compared to certain unnamed folks here on SabreSpace, it seemed like I was away at a Mensa Retreat.  You know the Mensa types: people who know the difference between "then" and "than", the kind of folks who know that you can find the word illusion hidden in Russian Collusion, the kind of folks who actually know Physics and know what circumstances permit collapse at free-fall rates, the kind of folks who use logic and reason instead of broadside attacks or even snide remarks, the kind of folks who don't turn ugly shades of red-white-n-blue when someone points out that the government is fallible.....sigh.... I'm still here because the big guy in the sky thinks that I still have a mission on this backwards planet. I have no delusions that my hockey insight is anything special.  That's partly why I'm still here, to glean an interesting fact here or there and to catch the general morale of the fan base. 

On 2/25/2019 at 8:11 AM, PASabreFan said:

"These" show up on my screen as some kind of cruel eye test for 50-somethings. Let's see, doc.. O I F? Uh, G? I O?

Windows 7 was dropped a long time ago. Modern operating systems are needed to handle these characters. 

16 hours ago, etiennep99 said:

Getting out is relative.  Compared to certain unnamed folks here on SabreSpace, it seemed like I was away at a Mensa Retreat.  You know the Mensa types: people who know the difference between "then" and "than", the kind of folks who know that you can find the word illusion hidden in Russian Collusion, the kind of folks who actually know Physics and know what circumstances permit collapse at free-fall rates, the kind of folks who use logic and reason instead of broadside attacks or even snide remarks, the kind of folks who don't turn ugly shades of red-white-n-blue when someone points out that the government is fallible.....sigh.... I'm still here because the big guy in the sky thinks that I still have a mission on this backwards planet. I have no delusions that my hockey insight is anything special.  That's partly why I'm still here, to glean an interesting fact here or there and to catch the general morale of the fan base. 

Yeah, yeah. Is that you in your avatar?

Anyone know what his advanced stats look like? 

He’s been pretty good to the eye test. His skating and passing have been as advertised and his positional play has been better than what I expected.

8 points in 15 games without significant PP time, on a slumping team, and without any real chemistry showing yet with his teammates. -2 on a team that has been -28 since he arrived. Housley rode him hard last night and he responded well, I thought.

The most shocking stat: despite solid play, he’s 2-11-2 and has yet to experience a regulation win.

Edited by dudacek

39 minutes ago, dudacek said:

He’s been pretty good to the eye test. His skating and passing have been as advertised and his positional play has been better than what I expected.

8 points in 15 games without significant PP time, on a slumping team, and without any real chemistry showing yet with his teammates. -2 on a team that has been -28 since he arrived. Housley rode him hard last night and he responded well, I thought.

The most shocking stat: despite solid play, he’s 2-11-2 and has yet to experience a regulation win.

Ya I don't really understand.  The team falling off a cliff coincides with the timeline of him arriving.  Yet to my eye he's been very good.  Love his speed and aggressiveness.  I'm thinking this is just a bad coincidence but I would like to see the underlying stats as well.

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

The team's ES goal diff over the past 15 games is -25.0.
The team has played 15.0 games and has an ES goal diff per game of -1.67.
Brandon Montour has played 15.0 games, and 36.31% of each game on average.
Therefore, his expected +/- is -9.08 while his actual +/- is -3.0.
Therere his TRpm™ is +6.08.

• Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

The team's ES goal diff over the past 15 games is -25.0.
The team has played 15.0 games and has an ES goal diff per game of -1.67.
Brandon Montour has played 15.0 games, and 36.31% of each game on average.
Therefore, his expected +/- is -9.08 while his actual +/- is -3.0.
Therere his TRpm™ is +6.08.

This is fantastic lol

2 hours ago, Derrico said:

Ya I don't really understand.  The team falling off a cliff coincides with the timeline of him arriving.  Yet to my eye he's been very good.  Love his speed and aggressiveness.  I'm thinking this is just a bad coincidence but I would like to see the underlying stats as well.

I'm beginning to think his arrival at the deadline coincided with an unofficlal message to the team of "don't sweat the playoffs this year."

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Ho-Chi-Sock said:

I'm beginning to think his arrival at the deadline coincided with an unofficlal message to the team of "don't sweat the playoffs this year."

Sadly, it appears the "don't sweat the playoffs this year" was 12/1 when they read somewhere "every team that's been in first place at Thanksgiving (American version) has made the playoffs since... ever."

3 hours ago, Derrico said:

The team fell off the cliff much earlier than that. They were done the second they lost to Toronto after the streak. I think I that was the third loss in a row, the heartbreaking last second OT loss. That was the very moment they quit. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.