Official:Trade Brandon Montour to Buffalo for 1st and Guhle

Brawndo

2 minutes ago, Samson's Flow said:

This is exactly the kind of long term hockey trade that I suspected JBott was thinking about when he talked about the deadline. We weren't trading for rentals, nor were we going to sell.

Montour was a name we talked about a lot back in the expansion draft when Anaheim had all those defense men.

What's the term on Montour contact?

1 more yr at 3.3 mil roughly then an RFA.

2 minutes ago, Samson's Flow said:

This is exactly the kind of long term hockey trade that I suspected JBott was thinking about when he talked about the deadline. We weren't trading for rentals, nor were we going to sell.

Montour was a name we talked about a lot back in the expansion draft when Anaheim had all those defense men.

What's the term on Montour contact?

He's got until 2020-2021 at $3.3M or so... then RFA.

1 minute ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I just hope people temper expectations and don't think we just got a budding star or anything like that. He's a nice piece, but that's about as far as I'm willing to go. 

Better or worse than Risto? Seems worse IMO. Looks like McCabe

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I just hope people temper expectations and don't think we just got a budding star or anything like that. He's a nice piece, but that's about as far as I'm willing to go. 

That’s fair.  But this is a guy leaf fans were drooling over so seeing them pissed off is a nice bonus to all of this ?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just now, WildCard said:

Better or worse than Risto? Seems worse IMO. Looks like McCabe

I believe this is a depth move for this year. Look for Risto to be moved in off season or Bogo at next years deadline.

I still like Beaulieu's game and believe he is a solid third line pair.  I would rather have moved Scandella, but now he is hurt.

Montour = Less offense than Risto, more offense than McCabe.  Much better defensively/muh better hockey IQ than either of them.  Solid solid trade.  Guhle was never a JB guy and those late 1st are a bit hit or miss and the 2019 draft is supposed to have a sever dropoff after the high teens anyway

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.