Speculation Risto to Tampa??

Brawndo

I’ve been a Risto defender for a long time... but it’s time to accept that his flaws are what they are... 

with that said I’m not out there selling Risto... but I am definitely listening to buyers.

Point is silly talk... but the offer that isn’t an overpayment but would definitely intrigue me is:

JT Miller and Erik Cernak for Ristolainen

JT Miller is a modern Jochen Hecht... a complete forward whose two way game has proven a perfect compliment to high skill players. Skinner-Eichel NEED this type of player long term, especially to free Reinhart permanently to lift another line.

Miller isn’t going to wow you offensively, he’s going to do the work and get you 15 goals and 45-55 points. While limiting the liability that Skinner-Eichel is without the puck.

Miller is locked in to a very nice 5.25 for 4 more years in his prime.

But the key to the deal is Cernak... he’s every bit as mean and nasty as Risto without the defensive deficiencies. Sure, he’s a step down offensively but the fit is ideal. Especially when we have offensive drivers for each pair in Dahlin, Montour, Pilut.

He’s a RD defensive defensemen with top pair defensive talent... I could see him on Dahlin’s pairing in a year. And if by some miracle Dahlin-Montour works as a pair, then Cernak becomes the perfect defensive compliment to anchor Pilut.

its not a flashy trade... there’s no premier asset or sparkling prospect. But I think it’d be a trade we win with long term.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Harrington is strongly denying this on Twitter.

He is probably correct however when is the last time that Harrington has broken any Sabres News?

His sources appear to be non existent. 

Actually when is the last time any Sabres Beat Reporter besides JW has had any Sabres Information First? 

43 minutes ago, jame said:

I’ve been a Risto defender for a long time... but it’s time to accept that his flaws are what they are... 

with that said I’m not out there selling Risto... but I am definitely listening to buyers.

Point is silly talk... but the offer that isn’t an overpayment but would definitely intrigue me is:

JT Miller and Erik Cernak for Ristolainen

JT Miller is a modern Jochen Hecht... a complete forward whose two way game has proven a perfect compliment to high skill players. Skinner-Eichel NEED this type of player long term, especially to free Reinhart permanently to lift another line.

Miller isn’t going to wow you offensively, he’s going to do the work and get you 15 goals and 45-55 points. While limiting the liability that Skinner-Eichel is without the puck.

Miller is locked in to a very nice 5.25 for 4 more years in his prime.

But the key to the deal is Cernak... he’s every bit as mean and nasty as Risto without the defensive deficiencies. Sure, he’s a step down offensively but the fit is ideal. Especially when we have offensive drivers for each pair in Dahlin, Montour, Pilut.

He’s a RD defensive defensemen with top pair defensive talent... I could see him on Dahlin’s pairing in a year. And if by some miracle Dahlin-Montour works as a pair, then Cernak becomes the perfect defensive compliment to anchor Pilut.

its not a flashy trade... there’s no premier asset or sparkling prospect. But I think it’d be a trade we win with long term.

You mean Cernak the guy drafted with one of the 2 2nd rd picks TM shipped back to LA with McNabb for Fasching and Deslauriers?  Surely you don't mean that Cernak with his 38 games total of NHL experience?

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

8 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

You mean Cernak the guy drafted with one of the 2 2nd rd picks TM shipped back to LA with McNabb for Fasching and Deslauriers?  Surely you don't mean that Cernak with his 38 games total of NHL experience?

That’s correct, I mean the guy you clearly know nothing about... beyond that which can be googled in 2 minutes

I’m going to assume that when a completely hockey based post is met with rhetorical snark, it’s fair game to respond in kind....

2 minutes ago, jame said:

That’s correct, I mean the guy you clearly know nothing about... beyond that which can be googled in 2 minutes

I’m going to assume that when a completely hockey based post is met with rhetorical snark, it’s fair game to respond in kind....

Actually I know a great deal about Cernak.  @ dudacek and I have had many discussions about him for the years with me a huge advocate for him as a future NHL player.  Good try though.  

1 minute ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Actually I know a great deal about Cernak.  @ dudacek and I have had many discussions about him for the years with me a huge advocate for him as a future NHL player.  Good try though.  

Then why did you waste everyone’s time with that nothingburger post. You’d think someone who knows “a great deal” about Cernak would use that in a response to a trade for Cernak post.

Edited by jame

36 minutes ago, jame said:

Then why did you waste everyone’s time with that nothingburger post. You’d think someone who knows “a great deal” about Cernak would use that in a response to a trade for Cernak post.

Not to speak for GA, but it was a knock on Tim Murray rather than yourself.  He's liked Cermak for a long time and despised the Fasching deal for even longer.  It's called sarcasm and appeared from here to be an apt response.

Edited by Taro T
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Eleven said:

Harrington is strongly denying this on Twitter.

2 hours ago, Brawndo said:

He is probably correct however when is the last time that Harrington has broken any Sabres News?

His sources appear to be non existent. 

Actually when is the last time any Sabres Beat Reporter besides JW has had any Sabres Information First? 

Harrington is so universally despised that I just can never accept that he has any sources.

So when he goes off like this, I automatically think there is some hockey official laughing with his buddies over the false information he's been feeding Mike.

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Not to speak for GA, but it was a knock on Tim Murray rather than yourself.  He's liked Cermak for a long time and despised the Fasching deal for even longer.  It's called sarcasm and appeared from here to be an apt response.

This. I realize that non-regulars could easily miss this, but anyone who has read GA's posts over the years would know exactly where he is coming from.

(And that he was right and I was wrong about Hudson Fasching, but we won't talk about that.)

13 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Harrington is so universally despised that I just can never accept that he has any sources.

So when he goes off like this, I automatically think there is some hockey official laughing with his buddies over the false information he's been feeding Mike.

This. I realize that non-regulars could easily miss this, but anyone who has read GA's posts over the years would know exactly where he is coming from.

(And that he was right and I was wrong about Hudson Fasching, but we won't talk about that.)

and the sad part is that I was rooting so hard for Hudson to succeed.  Anyone who has read about his family and younger siblings can't but root for the guy.

http://www.espn.com/nhl/columns/story?columnist=burnside_scott&id=6145415

You were also wrong about Cernak but who is counting.

And just for the record I despise TM the GM (I don't know TM the person).

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

7 hours ago, Taro T said:

So it was just Spamming, got it.

7 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

and the sad part is that I was rooting so hard for Hudson to succeed.  Anyone who has read about his family and younger siblings can't but root for the guy.

http://www.espn.com/nhl/columns/story?columnist=burnside_scott&id=6145415

You were also wrong about Cernak but who is counting.

And just for the record I despise TM the GM (I don't know TM the person).

I don't recall ever have strong opinions about Cernak.

I remember saying the Kings got absolutely nothing from the Fasching trade (which remains true) and that the prospects they picked with our seconds had done nothing (which was true when I said it). But who is counting? ?

10 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

Well, your response of "expect to be disappointed" makes 0 sense. Once again, they are hunting Risto, no Point, no Risto, and look, I'm not disappointed. ?

If we trade Ristolainen to Tampa, we will not be getting Brayden Point. Not without multiple other assets from us. 

14 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

As it should be.

Not hunting hard enough though.

Braydon Point. I'd except nothing less.

You said this in regards to trading Risto to Tampa, if a Risto trade to Tampa happens it will not involve Brayden Point without a ton of other Buffalo assets going too. So expect to be disappointed if a Risto to Tampa trade materializes. 

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

If we trade Ristolainen to Tampa, we will not be getting Brayden Point. Not without multiple other assets from us. 

You said this in regards to trading Risto to Tampa, if a Risto trade to Tampa happens it will not involve Brayden Point without a ton of other Buffalo assets going too. So expect to be disappointed if a Risto to Tampa trade materializes. 

And yet again, it's reportedly Tampa hunting Risto, can you remind me one more time how I should be disappointed?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.