Speculation Risto to Tampa??

Brawndo

26 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

That’s the problem with twitter rumors. Without anything like: where did this come from, credibility of the source, and has it gained momentum, who knows if this is bogus.

This maybe correct, however the Lightning Director of Pro Scouting And Director of Pro Personel we’re in attendance at yesterday’s game. As well as Sabres AGM Steve Greeley scouting the Syracuse Crunch, there appears to be a lot of smoke around this one 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

isn't Cal Foote a tampa prospect?

If he's not the main guy coming back I'm gonna be unhappy with anything else

But, this is all just talk honestly. When's the last time we heard a Botterill rumor and it was accurate? No offense Brawndo, I enjoy the speculation as much as the next guy ?

3 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

This maybe correct, however the Lightning Director of Pro Scouting And Director of Pro Personel we’re in attendance at yesterday’s game. As well as Sabres AGM Steve Greeley scouting the Syracuse Crunch, there appears to be a lot of smoke around this one 

Missed this part. Good info

1 minute ago, WildCard said:

If he's not the main guy coming back I'm gonna be unhappy with anything else

But, this is all just talk honestly. When's the last time we heard a Botterill rumor and it was accurate? No offense Brawndo, I enjoy the speculation as much as the next guy ?

The main guy coming back has to be a roster player who is useful for another 4ish years. Preferably not about to turn 30. A prospect, be it Foote or someone else, should not be the main piece. 

Just now, Sabel79 said:

Some entertaining Eklund-worthy nonsense flying around right now... gonna be a fun 25 hours or so.  (I don't think Risto goes anywhere)

I don't think Risto goes anywhere either, as it seems like such an offseason deal...but I'm excited at the idea of moving him in a real hockey trade. 

• Like (+1) 1

We all know risto from a corsi rating, etc looks really bad BUT he always plays his best vs. TB, so that might help. I think it would be something like JT Miller and Foote. No desire for Callahan and his contract and I'm not even sure TB would do Risto for Sergachev straight up (certainly wouldn't fit cap wise for them anyway)

Edited by ct fab

4 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

The main guy coming back has to be a roster player who is useful for another 4ish years. Preferably not about to turn 30. A prospect, be it Foote or someone else, should not be the main piece. 

I don't think Risto goes anywhere either, as it seems like such an offseason deal...but I'm excited at the idea of moving him in a real hockey trade. 

Foote is 20 and ready to make that leap though and I doubt Tampa is parting with a roster player that we'd want right before their cup run 

Edited by WildCard

Just now, WildCard said:

Foote is 20 and ready to make that leap though 

So is Guhle or any number of decent prospects who end up making the jump but never make an impact. I like Risto considerably less than most around here, but we can't move him for a coin flip of even being an NHL player. 

Just now, Huckleberry said:

Risto is on a good contract, they better be sending two good pieces back our way.    Top6 forward and top4 D

2nd pairing Dmen don't return a top-6 forward and a top-4 Dman. 

1 minute ago, TrueBlueGED said:

So is Guhle or any number of decent prospects who end up making the jump but never make an impact. I like Risto considerably less than most around here, but we can't move him for a coin flip of even being an NHL player. 

2nd pairing Dmen don't return a top-6 forward and a top-4 Dman. 

Foote would be a piece. Guessing Cirelli might also be a piece. Hard to say. Tampa is the poster child for good drafting and development. 

Just now, LGR4GM said:

Foote would be a piece. Guessing Cirelli might also be a piece. Hard to say. Tampa is the poster child for good drafting and development. 

Sure, but they're not centerpieces. Also, Tampa almost certainly wants to shed some salary to make their offseason more manageable. 

If this trade happens, hopefully Botterill channels his inner Skinner trade and not his inner O'Reilly trade. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.