Adam Wilcox Signed to NHL Deal

Brawndo

• SDS pinned this topic
4 hours ago, Ho-Chi-Sock said:

He will be waived with the intent of assigning him to Rochester.

I think they have to put him on waivers in order to sign him at this time?

He was signed now for emergency depth. Deadline  for a player to sign to be eligible for the playoffs. If something happens to Ullmark or Hutton, he and Wdgewood would be the emergency backups in Buffalo

I guess I'm a bit confused.  Wasn't he already fully signed for this year through playoffs or is this in order to make him eligible for NHL playoffs should Sabres need him?  Does this put him under contract for next year?  I would think Johansen would be recovered and has to be in Rochester next year.  Also, UPL comes into the system, where will he go?

Edited by Cage

1 hour ago, Cage said:

I guess I'm a bit confused.  Wasn't he already fully signed for this year through playoffs or is this in order to make him eligible for NHL playoffs should Sabres need him?  Does this put him under contract for next year?  I would think Johansen would be recovered and has to be in Rochester next year.  Also, UPL comes into the system, where will he go?

This is a move to make him eligible for the playoffs for them as an emergency backup. Since he was not part of the 40 man roster (iirc) he needs to clear waivers and then can accept the 2 way deal making him eligible.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.