Jeff Skinner leaves the game with nasty-looking ankle injury

Hoss

Just now, JJFIVEOH said:

I'd almost rather it be a fracture. Those seem to heal quicker. Sprains tend to linger around forever. 

Yeah. As someone who spiral fractured that area thanks to hockey- the tendons are usually messed up too. I still can’t do back crossovers on one side thanks to that. But I also don’t have good drugs and good surgery and good PT to work it back into playing shape. 

Who knows. Not good any way you slice it. 

23 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Looks like a season-ender to me. Maybe if it's a low grade sprain he could come back in April, I guess. But not great. 

Fire up the tank gifs! *ducks*

Yeah whatever it is its really bad...he was grabbing at it as soon as he hit the ice and then did the "scoot like an injured animal" on the ground...afraid it might be an ACL with how his skate stuck in the ice and his body twisted when he went down...

Doubt we see him anymore this year...hopefully it isn't the last time we see him in a Sabres uniform...

Edited by matter2003

4 hours ago, spndnchz said:

He grabbed his knee though...

2 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I'm still in awe of how he came back

Ankle, because what did Tom WIlson whack at right after the faceoff to begin the third?

Such a class act, that Tom Wilson.

5 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

Looked bad, maybe just a stinger?

Definitely one of my favorite players now. This guy is just incredible. Thank you hockey gods for giving this gift to our beloved Sabres.

Ya think he might have been embellishing a wee bit there?  Not saying he was but his return makes you wonder. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.