GDT: Capitals at Sabres 2/23/19 1:00 PM

spndnchz

This is the third and final meeting between the Sabres and Capitals this season.

Last meeting: Washington defeated Buffalo 2-1 in Washington on Dec. 21, 2018

The Sabres are 2-6-2 in their last 10 games vs. the Capitals; 4-3-3 at home.

Today's game is Buffalo's eighth afternoon game of the season. The Sabres are 5-2-0 in the first seven.

The Sabres are perfect on the penalty kill in their two previous matchups with the Capitals this season, killing all eight Washington power plays in those contests.

With six multi-point games so far this season, Rasmus Dahlin has recorded more multi-point games as an 18-year-old than all but two defensemen in NHL history: Phil Housley (13) and Bobby Orr (8).

Dahlin recorded a career-high three points (1+2) during the season's first meeting between these teams on Dec. 15.

His 33 points rank him fifth in franchise history among rookie defensemen and his seven goals tie for fourth.

Dahlin's current point total puts him on pace for 45 points this season. He would trail only Phil Housley (57 points in 1982-83) for the most ever recorded by a defenseman before his 19th birthday.

Sam Reinhart has four points (1+3) in his last four games against the Capitals.

Rasmus Ristolainen has recorded an assist in both previous matchups with Washington this season.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, spndnchz said:

It's a 1 p.m. faceoff today as the Sabres play host to the Washington Capitals at KeyBank Center. 

Are you sure about that?  I really need puck drop timed to the second.

Thanks for getting us going.  Many have lost interest, including myself to an extent ... I was logged on at around 6:00 AM and thought ... nope ... someone else can do it.

Have fun everybody meeting up.  Stay safe, too.

MUST WIN!!

GO SABRES!!

+++++

I will be missing this one.  If you are a regular reader of my posts you will know why.

It will be a difficult afternoon, but not as hard as it will be for the mother.  I just can't imagine her pain right now.

51 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Are you sure about that?  I really need puck drop timed to the second.

Thanks for getting us going.  Many have lost interest, including myself to an extent ... I was logged on at around 6:00 AM and thought ... nope ... someone else can do it.

Have fun everybody meeting up.  Stay safe, too.

MUST WIN!!

GO SABRES!!

+++++

I will be missing this one.  If you are a regular reader of my posts you will know why.

It will be a difficult afternoon, but not as hard as it will be for the mother.  I just can't imagine her pain right now.

I think next time old Rambosknife needs to start us off.

• Like (+1) 1

Heading to the gym for my Saturday workout, will be back for the opening faceoff. 

Feeling pretty good about this tough game ahead. Need another big game from Hutton.   Need to stand up to their big guys and answer the call.  Caps are a physical bunch, we need to play responsibly.  

Would love to see the home fans get rewarded. 

2 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Are you sure about that?

Based on how far off your clocks are when I broke into your house last night, the faceoff will be at 2:13:47 PM.

Edited by Doohickie
Odd, really, that his clocks are all that far off, but all synchronized with each other. Also surpised by the fact that NS keeps a wombat as a guard animal.
  • Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.