Danny O Regan and Scott Wilson Called Up

Brawndo

13 minutes ago, Drunkard said:

That is fine by me. I'd offer both of them (Girgensons and Larsson) small raises on 2 or 3 year deals and keep them around for bottom 6 duties. If they want more they can pound sand though. If they can convince/sucker some other GM to give them a big raise and a spot in their top 6 good for them. I'd thank my lucky stars, take the compensatory picks, and move on. I hope O'Regan and Wilson both play well with the chance they are getting. Not to replace 28 and 22 but to replace guys like Pominville and Sobotka with cheaper alternatives. That would be a step in the right direction and provide cap flexibility.

I don't mean to suggest that they'll jump to some other team.  Offer sheets never happen, so it's definitely not going to suddenly occur with someone like Girgensons or Larsson.  I'd think that if it was a time where one of these guy's wanted to leave, they'd probably bring it to the GMs attention and then a trade would happen.  That or they head overseas.

But anyway, I'd imagine that both will just sign their qualifying offers.  Or possibly they add the second year, whatever gets them to UFA status.  I'm too lazy to look that up, but both should be pretty close at this point.

7 minutes ago, shrader said:

I don't mean to suggest that they'll jump to some other team.  Offer sheets never happen, so it's definitely not going to suddenly occur with someone like Girgensons or Larsson.  I'd think that if it was a time where one of these guy's wanted to leave, they'd probably bring it to the GMs attention and then a trade would happen.  That or they head overseas.

But anyway, I'd imagine that both will just sign their qualifying offers.  Or possibly they add the second year, whatever gets them to UFA status.  I'm too lazy to look that up, but both should be pretty close at this point.

Yeah, I don't expect either of them to get offers sheets from another team either. They are both solid players, but part of their value stems from them being relatively cheap, versatile, and signed to short term deals. Guys like that have a place in the league and I think they have a place on this team both now and in the future (especially once guys like Dahlin and Reinhart start getting paid the big bucks).

If they end up getting passed on the depth chart by better, cheaper players, you can always put them on waivers. Trading them is always possible,, but you're either looking at low draft picks or other bottom 6/bottom pairing defenders in return. Either way, this team has plenty of problems, but those guys aren't part of it by a long shot.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.