Danny O Regan and Scott Wilson Called Up

Brawndo

2 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I'm probably in the minority on Pilut, but I like that move. Go down there, be a star, win the Calder Cup.

Are there any less exciting call-ups than Wilson and O'Regan?

I just posted the other day that I think it’s time to send him down. I’m impressed by his play, but he isn’t what gets us in the post-season and I think development in Rochester will go much further.

Does this mean Baloo has a spot now???

2 minutes ago, Ho-Chi-Sock said:

Okposo to Rochester

O Regan to LTIR

Wilson to Buffalo

Pilut to Cincinnati

Cincinnati????? That can’t be right. Wtf

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, IrwinNelson said:

I just posted the other day that I think it’s time to send him down. I’m impressed by his play, but he isn’t what gets us in the post-season and I think development in Rochester will go much further.

Does this mean Baloo has a spot now???

Cincinnati????? That can’t be right. Wtf

Can you say trolled..

• Like (+1) 1

I certainly do not wish anything bad on the man, but the best possible outcome from the Sabres standpoint would be if Okposo retired and the Sabres reached an injury settlement with him.  Probably the best thing for Okposo considering his concussion history as well.  

29 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I'm probably in the minority on Pilut, but I like that move. Go down there, be a star, win the Calder Cup.

You're not alone...I wish they had actually sent him back down sooner than this.  He got a good taste of the life with the big boys and showed some skills.  He really needs to put on some weight though in order to compete at a higher level.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, R_Dudley said:

All righty then any chance this means someone is being traded? 

They moved two bodies for two bodies. 

4 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

You're not alone...I wish they had actually sent him back down sooner than this.  He got a good taste of the life with the big boys and showed some skills.  He really needs to put on some weight though in order to compete at a higher level.

Without being fat or Mike Tyson, can his frame handle much more?  He's 5'10".  

12 minutes ago, MDFan said:

I certainly do not wish anything bad on the man, but the best possible outcome from the Sabres standpoint would be if Okposo retired and the Sabres reached an injury settlement with him.  Probably the best thing for Okposo considering his concussion history as well.  

NHL doesn't do "injury settlements."  If he retires due toinjury, he gets all the money he's due and the Sabres essentially put him on BF-LTIR for the duration of the contract & pretty much avoid any Salary Cap repercussions.  Haven't looked closely enough at the CBA but believe he'd count against the 50 man roster limit for the duration of the contract but not positive about that.

5 minutes ago, inkman said:

They moved two bodies for two bodies. 

Without being fat or Mike Tyson, can his frame handle much more?  He's 5'10".  

I wouldn't care if he looked like the second coming of Bib the Michelin man as long as he can still move well and take care of business in front of our net.  :)

39 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Agree with this.  He looked good at 1st but was having issues with the physicality by the last few games. Let him get his confidence back and bring him back for next season.  He'll get it.

And yes, the A tends to be more physical to a degree, but the speed is so much less, he'll go back to dominating there.

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

I think fans will be on board once they see them play. Both fast and experienced. 

17 minutes ago, inkman said:

I think fans will be on board once they see them play. Both fast and experienced. 

I know O’Regan has been playing well down there but he should be. Hes 25. His upside is, well, Wilson

That said, they are Botterills guys and among the reasons why I think Larry and Z are not long for Buffalo

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.