Sabres Trade Deadline Predictions

GASabresIUFAN

22 minutes ago, sweetlou said:

No big moves. Most teams are still in the hunt so you won't see much movement. 

Maybe Pommer to a team like Islanders or Preds for late rd pick.

I wouldn't be upset if Pominville was traded for a late round pick, but I wouldn't go out of my way to do that unless he really wanted to move someplace for another shot in the playoffs.

Late round picks are bordering on useless...and Pominville is still somewhat productive (4th on the team in goals..only 1 behind Reinhart with less games played), plus hes a good guy and popular.  That doesn't mean much, but to me it may mean more than a late round pick.

I expect any Sabres deal will come after the Capitals/Sabres Saturday matinee game, if any at all occur.

While I am in the group that is disappointed in the Sabres collapse since the streak in November, and I have openly said I am now for moving on from Housley, I am not one of those who want to move one of the 1st rd picks for a rental or 1 yr remaining contract.

If one of the 1st's is moved, it has to be for either term or control. What happens at this deadline is secondary, to myself in any event, to what happens this draft and off season.Would I like to make the playoffs? You betch'ya I would. I am also on record stating it is of the up most importance to get these young'uns to play high impact, high pressure hockey. But not for a single season while at the expense of the future.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:

To quote someone else around here....."i'm kind of aroused".

My vocal stylings have that effect.

We don't have much in the way of desirable prospects and we definitely don't have any "cagey/grizzled" playoff veterans ... maybe Sheary would count? Pominville hasn't been a playoff gamer in a decade. Maybe Scandella...

If I'm another team, I'm targeting our "useful" guys for bottom 6 insurance. Girgensons. Larsson. Rodrigues. Folks who won't require anything of much in return, but offer depth if a someone gets hurt.

13 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Like with the Skinner trade and the Sheats trades, I think something is brewing.  I’m not sure what, but some team is going to have to move a player for cap space to make a bigger deal and Jbot will take advantage.  

I agree. I think the plan is to nurture the kids, dump the big ticket players he didn't believe in and use his cap space (and possibly his draft and prospect capital) to invest in players he does like when the opportunities present themselves. Skinner was one, and there will be more.

3 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Like with the Skinner trade and the Sheats trades, I think something is brewing.  I’m not sure what, but some team is going to have to move a player for cap space to make a bigger deal and Jbot will take advantage.  

I like your optimism but I think we do very little in the end. Maybe we move Pomminstein to someone as a depth forward and retain part of his contract and maybe JBot boots Beaulieu for bitching about playing time earlier but otherwise I think we will be quiet. 

On 2/21/2019 at 8:25 AM, Skibum said:

This season is a lost cause, but the FO seems to think things are on the right track for the future. If anything, I would see the Sabres as buyers rather than sellers, but I doubt they land anyone good.  They certainly should not be trading assets for rentals at this point.

Contenders would be interested in Pominville and some might try to make a move on Skinner, but I hope the FO doesn't do that. I could also see interest in Bogosian and maybe Sheary, since he's got a lot of deep playoff experience for a young guy. Otherwise, there's not much to see here. 

They need to forget about the early 10 game winning streak and come to realize that not all the wheels are on the track.

A name I've heard as being available a couple times is Jonathan Huberdeau.  Any thoughts on what we'd have to offer to get him?  Does a 1st round pick and one of our higher rated prospects get it done?  Florida was rumored to make a run for Bob and the Breadman and would need the 6 mil that JH is making.

27 minutes ago, IvanPutski said:

A name I've heard as being available a couple times is Jonathan Huberdeau.  Any thoughts on what we'd have to offer to get him?  Does a 1st round pick and one of our higher rated prospects get it done?  Florida was rumored to make a run for Bob and the Breadman and would need the 6 mil that JH is making.

I would love JH... but it will cost a first round 

Michael RussoVerified account @RussoHockey
Follow Follow @RussoHockey
More
Replying to @Ryanman777 @TJRinger1

Player and a prospect I hear. Not sure he’d get that much back. Big contract, has really not played well. I thought Coyle trade was 95 percent I put Zucker chances at 70-30. He’s being shopped heavily

Fits Botterill's mold. 27 yrs old. A bit pricey at 5.5 for 4 more yrs though.

Any interest?

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/jason-zucker

Edited by Scottysabres

5 hours ago, Briere48 said:

Something to keep an eye out for that i think is interesting is Tampa Bay had three scouts in Buffalo for the game vs. Washington and Steve Greeley just recently went to watch the Syracuse Crunch in Syracuse.

I was thinking about Tampa, they have too many defensemen of NHL caliber. Maybe they see Skinner as a final piece that puts them over the top and will part with something we can use for years. 

7 hours ago, Briere48 said:

Something to keep an eye out for that i think is interesting is Tampa Bay had three scouts in Buffalo for the game vs. Washington and Steve Greeley just recently went to watch the Syracuse Crunch in Syracuse.

2 hours ago, bob_sauve28 said:

I was thinking about Tampa, they have too many defensemen of NHL caliber. Maybe they see Skinner as a final piece that puts them over the top and will part with something we can use for years. 

Cal Foote, yes please.

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/cal-foote

Edit, maybe Tampa Bay, who's been scouting the Sabres heavily, are looking at Beaulieu since Housley played him the games their scouts were at our games and they are rumored to be looking for D depth.

Edited by Scottysabres

1 hour ago, Scottysabres said:

Cal Foote, yes please.

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/cal-foote

Edit, maybe Tampa Bay, who's been scouting the Sabres heavily, are looking at Beaulieu since Housley played him the games their scouts were at our games and they are rumored to be looking for D depth.

Maybe potentially a little bidding war between Tampa and Pittsburg for Beaulieu?  I wish it was Scandella instead.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Sabre fan said:

Really do not think trading risto is or would be a smart move, but we did give ORielly away for basically nothing so who knows? We had better sign Skinner or move him instead of losing him for nothing come this summer.

I would hate to see Risto go as well.  But we are pretty deep at D in Buf and Roch.  We need playmakers more than anything.

1 hour ago, dejeanerret said:

I would hate to see Risto go as well.  But we are pretty deep at D in Buf and Roch.  We need playmakers more than anything.

We're deep in 3rd pairing/7th defenceman types.  Moving Risto opens a BIG hole that we can't fill internally.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1