Jump to content

Dahlin's expectations


Rasmus Dahlin - Did we get what we thought he would be?  

71 members have voted

  1. 1. Has Dahlin lived up to your expectations?

    • Completely
    • He's better than I thought
    • No, he's not the generational talent we we're led to believe
    • Jury is still out, he's just a pup


Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Sorry you can't take a joke

 

In all seriousness, all of this could have been avoided if you had simply asked Ink or I to expand on our thoughts instead of defaulting to confrontational histrionics.


I would have said, you know, I have no idea what to expect from a rookie generational defenseman because I've never watched one play on a regular basis.  I would have expected more possession dominance.  But again, I've never watched this level of defensive talent in their rookie season.

 

But instead, we're here.  Good on you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Weave said:

 

In all seriousness, all of this could have been avoided if you had simply asked Ink or I to expand on our thoughts instead of defaulting to confrontational histrionics.


I would have said, you know, I have no idea what to expect from a rookie generational defenseman because I've never watched one play on a regular basis.  I would have expected more possession dominance.  But again, I've never watched this level of defensive talent in their rookie season.

 

But instead, we're here.  Good on you.

You keep trying to make it personal and I just don't care enough to go there. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Weave said:

 

In all seriousness, all of this could have been avoided if you had simply asked Ink or I to expand on our thoughts instead of defaulting to confrontational histrionics.


I would have said, you know, I have no idea what to expect from a rookie generational defenseman because I've never watched one play on a regular basis.  I would have expected more possession dominance.  But again, I've never watched this level of defensive talent in their rookie season.

 

But instead, we're here.  Good on you.

Yeah, I was hoping this thread would start a spirited discussion. I had no idea what to expect from the rook.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Very. But when you're down to asking about ignoring entire threads, something's not quite right.

 This feature has been requested many, many times over the years. It’s not an unusual request from my experience. 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:

maybe create like a "favorites" type list thingie?

In an attempt to get this thread back on the rails ...

It seems that my 'thingie' thing is becoming a thing.

LOL!! ...

(insert your favourite 'thingie' here ----->)

  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I voted "jury's out"....... but really do like what I see from such a young man, and I think we all can agree on that. As an 18 YO he is extremely confident with the puck, and he never seems to get rattled...... smooth, calm, confidence. Can't wait to see him put on 10 lbs.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SDS said:

 This feature has been requested many, many times over the years. It’s not an unusual request from my experience. 

I always thought it would be very useful once, as LTS said, you have read enough of a thread, or if by the very title you have no interest in it.  I would use it for some of the Off Topic threads that don't interest me.

EDIT TO ADD:

Just to be clear ... 

I am not asking that you spend time setting this up, but if it came with the software I would use the feature.

That said, it is not hard to read what I want to and then click on the mark site read button.

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:

maybe create like a "favorites" type list thingie?

 

1 hour ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I always thought it would be very useful once, as LTS said, you have read enough of a thread, or if by the very title you have no interest in it.  I would use it for some of the Off Topic threads that don't interest me.

EDIT TO ADD:

Just to be clear ... 

I am not asking that you spend time setting this up, but if it came with the software I would use the feature.

That said, it is not hard to read what I want to and then click on the mark site read button.

I don’t write this software.  This is like asking me to install a new feature into Microsoft Word. 

  • Thanks (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

... because Dahlin just scored, so how you like them apples.

Take it easy Will...  ?

3 minutes ago, SDS said:

 

I don’t write this software.  This is like asking me to install a new feature into Microsoft Word. 

WTF do we keep you around for if you can't bring back Clippy?

  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...