Dahlin's expectations

inkman

Rasmus Dahlin - Did we get what we thought he would be?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Has Dahlin lived up to your expectations?

• Completely
    • He's better than I thought
    • No, he's not the generational talent we we're led to believe
    • Jury is still out, he's just a pup

18 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Sorry you can't take a joke

In all seriousness, all of this could have been avoided if you had simply asked Ink or I to expand on our thoughts instead of defaulting to confrontational histrionics.

I would have said, you know, I have no idea what to expect from a rookie generational defenseman because I've never watched one play on a regular basis.  I would have expected more possession dominance.  But again, I've never watched this level of defensive talent in their rookie season.

But instead, we're here.  Good on you.

30 minutes ago, Weave said:

In all seriousness, all of this could have been avoided if you had simply asked Ink or I to expand on our thoughts instead of defaulting to confrontational histrionics.

I would have said, you know, I have no idea what to expect from a rookie generational defenseman because I've never watched one play on a regular basis.  I would have expected more possession dominance.  But again, I've never watched this level of defensive talent in their rookie season.

You keep trying to make it personal and I just don't care enough to go there. 

51 minutes ago, Weave said:

Yeah, I was hoping this thread would start a spirited discussion. I had no idea what to expect from the rook.  

13 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Very. But when you're down to asking about ignoring entire threads, something's not quite right.

This feature has been requested many, many times over the years. It’s not an unusual request from my experience. 

• Like (+1) 1

I voted "jury's out"....... but really do like what I see from such a young man, and I think we all can agree on that. As an 18 YO he is extremely confident with the puck, and he never seems to get rattled...... smooth, calm, confidence. Can't wait to see him put on 10 lbs.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, SDS said:

This feature has been requested many, many times over the years. It’s not an unusual request from my experience. 

I always thought it would be very useful once, as LTS said, you have read enough of a thread, or if by the very title you have no interest in it.  I would use it for some of the Off Topic threads that don't interest me.

EDIT TO ADD:

Just to be clear ... 

I am not asking that you spend time setting this up, but if it came with the software I would use the feature.

That said, it is not hard to read what I want to and then click on the mark site read button.

Edited by New Scotland (NS)

8 hours ago, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:

maybe create like a "favorites" type list thingie?

1 hour ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I always thought it would be very useful once, as LTS said, you have read enough of a thread, or if by the very title you have no interest in it.  I would use it for some of the Off Topic threads that don't interest me.

EDIT TO ADD:

Just to be clear ... 

I am not asking that you spend time setting this up, but if it came with the software I would use the feature.

That said, it is not hard to read what I want to and then click on the mark site read button.

I don’t write this software.  This is like asking me to install a new feature into Microsoft Word. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

13 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

... because Dahlin just scored, so how you like them apples.

Take it easy Will...  ?

3 minutes ago, SDS said:

I don’t write this software.  This is like asking me to install a new feature into Microsoft Word. 

WTF do we keep you around for if you can't bring back Clippy?

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.