Injury Updates Okposo Officially Diagnosed with a Concussion; Scandella now Week to Week

Brawndo

7 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Kyle took his gloves off. The choice was his.

I have never excused Okposo for making his choice. He certainly bears responsibility for the consequences, not just for accepting the fight, but for playing at all.

None of that excuses DeAngelo for making his choice. There is absolutely nothing to respect in the choice he made.

Edited by dudacek

19 hours ago, Taro T said:

Not a doctor nor a concussion expert, but per the concussion experts I've talked to hits to the jaw are a significant cause of concussions.  

They are.

18 hours ago, woods-racer said:

To the front, same as hitting your skull. I agree.

But to the side and with your head turning to lessen the blow?

I'd take that punch over one to the forehead any day.

Actually hits to the front of the head are usually less likely to cause concussion.  Based on all the training we received about it in recognizing the kinds of hits that are more likely to cause concussion it's hits to the back, side, and top of the head along with any hit that causes sharp rotation.

A punch to the jaw is the kind that causes a sharp rotation.

Bottom line: it would be better to be punched straight on into the face than anywhere else.  Not that it can't cause concussion.

2 hours ago, dudacek said:

I have never excused Okposo for making his choice. He certainly bears responsibility for the consequences, not just for accepting the fight, but for playing at all.

None of that excuses DeAngelo for making his choice. There is absolutely nothing to respect in the choice he made.

So he should have just let Kyle punch him square in the jaw, which he would have done, had he been given the chance. 

I think that's a lot to ask.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.