GDT: Buffalo Sabres at Florida Panthers, 7:09 p.m., February 19, 2019

PASabreFan

3 hours ago, carpandean said:

Sabres-Historical-20190217.thumb.jpg.acb3d79883e2b2ea88959a09b6e359d0.jpg

In the 33 games since the win streak, this has been the second-worst (tied with 2013-14) Sabres team over the same stretch since the 2004-05 lockout season, earning just 27 of a possible 66 points.  Only 2014-15 was worse with just 18 of 66 points.  In fact, they had two more points over the same stretch last year.  If they continue on that pace, they'll finish with about 83 points.

I wonder if Terry Pegula is aware of these statistics.  No way is he the type of fan to figure this out for himself, so the question is does he nose around on the internet personally, or is there anyone in his little circle (one of his kids maybe?) giving him this type of data?

I bet he doesn't know this sort of thing.

10 minutes ago, Kruppstahl said:

I wonder if Terry Pegula is aware of these statistics.  No way is he the type of fan to figure this out for himself, so the question is does he nose around on the internet personally, or is there anyone in his little circle (one of his kids maybe?) giving him this type of data?

I bet he doesn't know this sort of thing.

Are we positive he isn’t one of the posters on here who is adamantly against anayltics? 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, IrwinNelson said:

Are we positive he isn’t one of the posters on here who is adamantly against anayltics? 

As I said, who knows, maybe he likes to spend hours roaming the internet looking for anything he can find about his teams.  I bet he is not doing that.

He comes across as the lowest information sports fan I've ever seen.  I don't question his love of the Sabres, historically, or interest in their success.  It's just that he is "that" type of fan who doesn't have a freaking clue.  He's not a sophisticated fan focusing on the right things, or at least that is how it seems from the outside.  He's easily led, and easily led down the wrong path.

I get the impression what he knows or is focusing on is what is fed to him by whoever is immediately around him doing the feeding.  Not sure who those people are.  I'm sure his children play some type of role here.

33 minutes ago, Berg said:

Since childhood I have dreamed of being a hockey player. Especially after being interested in NHL broadcasts. But since hockey in our country unfortunately almost does not develop, but only football, it remains a dream. But this did not prevent me from even watching the broadcast. And since I do not like to root for the strongest, I chose for myself a young team, not from the most famous, but good city, which writes its history - Buffalo. In addition, I have always liked the shape of the blue-yellow flowers as the flag of my country and the two crossed sabers, as a symbol of the invincible spirit and thirst for victories ...

You sir, are a visionary. Welcome aboard the Sabres fan base. If you haven't already, I wish you to visit the area, yes its winters are a bit harder than some others, but your used to that I am sure.

On a side note, you have a strong community here, as I work with and have neighbors who hale from your proud nation. They are true and steadfast souls who I consider friends. They also love hockey ?

Edited by Scottysabres
  • Thanks (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Berg said:

Since childhood I have dreamed of being a hockey player. Especially after being interested in NHL broadcasts. But since hockey in our country unfortunately almost does not develop, but only football, it remains a dream. But this did not prevent me from even watching the broadcast. And since I do not like to root for the strongest, I chose for myself a young team, not from the most famous, but good city, which writes its history - Buffalo. In addition, I have always liked the shape of the blue-yellow flowers as the flag of my country and the two crossed sabers, as a symbol of the invincible spirit and thirst for victories ...

Wonderful story.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

You sir, are a visionary. Welcome aboard the Sabres fan base. If you haven't already, I wish you to visit the area, yes its winters are a bit harder than some others, but your used to that I am sure.

On a side note, you have a strong community here, as I work with and have neighbors who hale from your proud nation. They are true and steadfast souls who I consider friends. They also love hockey ?

Thanks for the kind words.? I am glad that I am now among like-minded people?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 5

4 hours ago, Berg said:

Good to know there are more crazy Europeans staying up at night ?

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Berg said:

Philadelphia won 12 of its 15 games, and we still ahead of them. We have every chance to go to the playoffs for the first time in many years. I believe - we can!?‍♂️

Might have a little something to do with Philly finally getting a goalie phenom. Don't see that savior waiting in our wings. Philly has a much better shot at making it than we do at this point.  

Just now, PerreaultForever said:

Might have a little something to do with Philly finally getting a goalie phenom. Don't see that savior waiting in our wings. Philly has a much better shot at making it than we do at this point.  

My flyers supporting buddy is raging about this! He was in full "lose for Hughes" mode since Christmas!! ??

2 hours ago, OverPowerYou said:

I keep saying, we play Pittsburgh twice. Those are our playoff games. They will determine if we get in or not 

By next week, flyers and Rangers will be ahead of us....Penguins are the least of our concerns when we cheer for a team who is totally incapable of winning 2 in a tow. They just lost back to back to Rangers and devils for Christ sake 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Smith-ERod-TT should be entertaining. Three guys who work hard and can score. Looking forward to seeing them try to create.

I expect Yandle will pull his crap again by targeting a smaller player. All I want is someone to respond. I don’t care who it is just do something. Here’s a novel idea, go after him first. Ride him hard into the boards, Chirp him, show no fear. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.