GDT: Buffalo Sabres at Florida Panthers, 7:09 p.m., February 19, 2019

PASabreFan

10 hours ago, Marchand'sNose said:

Note that the Sabres are currently on a 67-point season pace since the famous 10-game winning streak ended. That is over a sample size of 33 games and 2.5 months. That is very clearly no longer an aberration, but rather a firmly established trend.

Sabres-Historical-20190217.thumb.jpg.acb3d79883e2b2ea88959a09b6e359d0.jpg

In the 33 games since the win streak, this has been the second-worst (tied with 2013-14) Sabres team over the same stretch since the 2004-05 lockout season, earning just 27 of a possible 66 points.  Only 2014-15 was worse with just 18 of 66 points.  In fact, they had two more points over the same stretch last year.  If they continue on that pace, they'll finish with about 83 points.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Just want to say the bold brought a smile to my face

What?  Was it not the Germans.

And I missed the first bolded part on first read of your post.

LOL ... I edited my original post, but only to add a 'reason to edit'.

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
quick someone send me a beer ... I am stuck on '666' ,,,

2 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

What?  Was it not the Germans.

And I missed the first bolded part on first read of your post.

LOL ... I edited my original post, but only to add a 'reason to edit'.

Well you said some players are good at tit and Japan attacked Pearl Harbor. Interesting fact, some of the Japanese pilots made it to mainland U.S.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Berg said:

Philadelphia won 12 of its 15 games, and we still ahead of them. We have every chance to go to the playoffs for the first time in many years. I believe - we can!?‍♂️

With a user name of Berg I am wondering from where you are posting?

Pittsburgh?

Sweden?

10 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Well you said some players are good at tit and Japan attacked Pearl Harbor. Interesting fact, some of the Japanese pilots made it to mainland U.S.

Are you sure?  I was going from a famous speech made by some famous character.  It was featured in some documentary, or other, about animals and the houses in which they live, IIRC.  I will pull a LGR and try to find and post a link to a YouTube clip.

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Are you sure?  I was going from a famous speech made by some famous character.  It was featured in some documentary, or other, about animals and the houses in which they live, IIRC.  I will pull a LGR and try to find and post a link to a YouTube clip.

I am 100% sure the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor. Some say we provoked the attack by freezing their assets in response to invading Indo China. Either way much of the U.S. Pacific fleet was in port on Oahu and Japanese pilots were pretty much on a one way trip. However some landed including in mainland U.S. Pearl Harbor and Hickman Air Force Base have recently merged I believe and is the home of US-INDPOPACOM.

At the time I think there was some talks between Japan and Germany but I’m not sure to what extent. For the Germans to attack Pearl Harbor they would’ve had to link up with the Pacific Ocean which, although I think they still had a non aggression pact with Russia, would’ve been impossible because of their petroleum issues, western front commitments, and incapable transport routes. It would have also negated the military aid the U.S. gave Russia in WW2 as any action to aid Germany’s attack would’ve been seen as an act of war, fundamentally changing the geopolitical dynamics.

Edited by SABRES 0311

Just now, SABRES 0311 said:

I am 100% sure the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor. Some say we provoked the attack by freezing their assets in response to invading Indo China. Either way much of the U.S. Pacific fleet was in port on Oahu and Japanese pilots were pretty much on a one way trip. However some landed including in mainland U.S. Pearl Harbor and Hickman Air Force Base have recently merged I believe and is the home of US-INDPOPACOM.

At the time I think there was some talks between Japan and Germany but I’m not sure to what extent. For the Germans to attack Pearl Harbor they would’ve had to link up with the Pacific Ocean which, although I think they still had a non aggression pact with Russia, would’ve been impossible because of their petroleum issues, eastern front commitments, and incapable transport routes. It would have also negated the military aid the U.S. gave Russia in WW2 as any action to aid Germany’s attack would’ve been seen as an act of war, fundamentally changing the geopolitical dynamics.

I was a History major in college. It was the Germans that bombed Pearl Harbor.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

At the time I think there was some talks between Japan and Germany but I’m not sure to what extent. For the Germans to attack Pearl Harbor they would’ve had to link up with the Pacific Ocean which, although I think they still had a non aggression pact with Russia, would’ve been impossible because of their petroleum issues, eastern front commitments, and incapable transport routes. It would have also negated the military aid the U.S. gave Russia in WW2 as any action to aid Germany’s attack would’ve been seen as an act of war, fundamentally changing the geopolitical dynamics.

I was stationed at Pearl. HSL 34 Det 6.

?

Loved it there. Ah, to be young again......

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SDS said:

Ok now I’m buying into the Mandela Affect. Im freaking out man!

Just now, Scottysabres said:

I was stationed at Pearl. HSL 34 Det 6.

?

Loved it there. Ah, to be young again......

I was there with Third Marine Regiment twice.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SDS said:

But did the Hanson brothers quit when they did it?

No, they got up and screamed out of the penalty box "I'm mad as hell and I'm going to cave your face when I get outta here".

?

Edited by Scottysabres

10 minutes ago, Berg said:

From Ukraine)

Awesome!!

How did you become a Sabre fan?

We have a number of European fans on this board and they all have interesting stories.

2 hours ago, SABRES 0311 said:

This is going to be weird GDT. Page 12: Yaay Sabres scored. Followed by a discussion on world history.

Second best GDT ever ... at least so far, eh.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.