GDT: Buffalo Sabres at Florida Panthers, 7:09 p.m., February 19, 2019

PASabreFan

5 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

Win, lose, trade, don't trade, fire, don't fire......i couldn't care less because none of it works with this loser organization. I mean seriously, the odds of being this bad for so long is nonsensical. Nobody knows the answer and it really sucks.

I have a feeling someone knows why and we're just not privy to that information (Whaley pun intended).  Something seems to be rotten in the state of Denmark.  Maybe it's the win streak or the alcohol talking but this is ***** *****.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Jacque Richard said:

How much longer shall the Pegula’s watch this stuff. The players seem to quit on Philip 

Does it matter? No, honestly, does it? Every player that comes here turns to ***** in the past 10 yrs, just about every player with skill that leaves here does remarkably better in other organizations.

That is so telling.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Giving ROR and Kane the boot was a disastrous move by JBots.  I have no confidence in any of them right now.

I disagree. Look at the Islanders, they lost a super great player and are doing better. Maybe same can be said of Canes. A team is more important than any piece. Kane had to go. ROR is different and might have made a difference, but still, this is not a team now. They are all over the place.

5 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Does it matter? No, honestly, does it? Every player that comes here turns to ***** in the past 10 yrs, just about every player with skill that leaves here does remarkably better in other organizations.

That is so telling.

Telling yet doesn't seem to apply to just the hockey organization of Buffalo.     

• Like (+1) 1

That was a terrible excuse for a hockey game. 

Notice how empty that rink was though? I've seen Florida have small crowds before but that looked completely cavernous. I know we're not a big draw, but I have to wonder how they stay afloat with crowds like that. 

Nothing to comment really. It was all the same.

Time to step back and remember this team finished dead last in 18/19. They are about where a majority of fans would expect them coming into the season.

They have two franchise type players in the most important positions

next year should see a big step forward from both Dahlin and Mittlestadt.  

2 more big time pieces still need to be added   They need to bring in one of the top UFA forwards and make another trade from someone trying to unload salary

Add those 2 pieces and get more from Dahlin and Mitts   Next year should easily qualify for playoffs

sucks to see them fall off this season but it’s not all doom and gloom 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

True it's not all doom and gloom but going from first in the league (briefly, I know) to a few stairs short of the basement is an absolute kick in the dick.  At least the days are getting longer...

1 hour ago, Jacque Richard said:

So what is it then. Has any of the former Sabres players who became head coaches here done well. 

Floyd Smith took the Sabres to the Cup finals. But that was 1975. Rick Dudley had a winning record in his 3 seasons but couldn’t get them past the first round. Lindy Ruff also got them to the finals.

3 hours ago, realtruelove said:

Housley in the post game press conference...."I thought we had a real strong second period but the bounces just didn't go our way in the third."

Screw that guy; if he thinks this came down to bounces, he needs to be fired tonight.

3 hours ago, JJFIVEOH said:

Somebody needs to get fired tonight. 

Not sure Pegula realizes things are going horribly. 

3 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Duffer better not throw his head back and laugh luxuriously.

I can't stand that guy; he's big time creepy; luckily I tend to watch on DVR and don't have to see him too much. 

2 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

The question really is, why is that? Why do players come to Buffalo and perform so poorly?

The answer is really simple. Coaching staff, Management, Ownership.

It's not the players, its the group listed above. You have to create an atmosphere, an environment, where ONLY THE BEST is acceptable.

Every day these players that do not adhere to that above and are allowed to remain here, is another day this will continue.

It really is that simple. You want winning, then create the environment to make it exist.

I'm in all for this, but how the hell do you do it with 1-way guaranteed contracts!?  They have ruined hockey and it's been this way for a long time.  

2 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

That was a terrible excuse for a hockey game. 

Notice how empty that rink was though? I've seen Florida have small crowds before but that looked completely cavernous. I know we're not a big draw, but I have to wonder how they stay afloat with crowds like that. 

Nothing to comment really. It was all the same.

That's just a function of the Sabres being in town; not a big draw as you say.  There are always a lot of empty seats in that building, but tonight was unusual (I live in S. FL and watch a ton of Panthers games). 

2 hours ago, Crusader1969 said:

Time to step back and remember this team finished dead last in 18/19. They are about where a majority of fans would expect them coming into the season.

2 more big time pieces still need to be added   They need to bring in one of the top UFA forwards and make another trade from someone trying to unload salary

Add those 2 pieces and get more from Dahlin and Mitts   Next year should easily qualify for playoffs

I wouldn't expect a big step forward next year from Dahlin or Mittelstadt necessarily.  They should progress but suggesting next season will be a key breakthrough season for either is silly.    We need a lot more than 2 additional pieces too.

The entire D needs to be turned over, with exception of Dahlin; but he will need 3-4 years to really hit on all cylinders. 

As someone said upthread, we have like 4, maybe 5 guys you want to build around.  The rest, including HC and GM can be replaced as they are all expendable. 

5 hours ago, Crusader1969 said:

always for Buffalo sports....

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Crusader1969 said:

Fall off?  They are regressing back to their normal.  DFL

9 hours ago, Crusader1969 said:

Not buying into this line of thinking anymore. Garbage club. If Phil is still head coach ou will not see any playoffs. Also, seriously, which UFA wants to come here? Why would they? To play with Jack and Rasmus? C'mon, not going to happen. I'll bet you Skinner is dying to get out of here. If Botterill can entice some really difference maker UFA's here then God Bless him, the man is a genius. I can't see it happening. 10 years no playoffs- I can definitely see that happening.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.