GDT: Buffalo Sabres at Florida Panthers, 7:09 p.m., February 19, 2019

PASabreFan

1 minute ago, Samson's Flow said:

Sorry Eleven as much as I like you guys, I can't justify spending $180 for two tickets to go to the game Saturday. 

I barely want to watch the games anymore, let alone attend them.

Oh, I understand.  I'd love to see you, but I'm already pissed off that I have invested in that game.

I also have 3/1, and I am taking my closest friend, but I'll bet we spend about 10 minutes on hockey and about 3 hours catching up over a cheeseburger at 716.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

If there's a Hell, in Hell we will watch that third period on an eternal loop. Leading by one going in, give up three in a row, third one off the post and off the stone guy and off the Panther, then there's some optical illusion where we've scored on a delayed penalty, but we didn't, then we do score on a delayed penalty, but it's offside, then the Panthers go up by three, then Housley quits and doesn't pull the goalie with the Sabres pressing with plenty of time left, then Vladimir Sobotka scores with seven seconds left.

Ouch ... make it stop ...

8 minutes ago, John Tucker said:

And apparently ROR has found a cure for cancer in St.Louis.  That trade is working out fabulously.  

and let's not forget about much maligned Robin Lehner in Long Island! Evander Kane in San Jose! Yup, sucked n Sabre blue & gold but shining elsewhere!

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Eleven said:

Oh, I understand.  I'd love to see you, but I'm already pissed off that I have invested in that game.

I also have 3/1, and I am taking my closest friend, but I'll bet we spend about 10 minutes on hockey and about 3 hours catching up over a cheeseburger at 716.

As much fun as it was seeing everyone over the last few years, I always felt like the game portion wasn't worth the investment* since it was such a sub par product. The best part was the pre/post game party with everyone.

*the exception may be the MODO game v the leafs. That game was surprisingly good.

If I’m the Pegulas, I have to wonder why JB got rid of 2 great players in ROR and Kane and got little in return. Moves like those do not inspire confidence especially with a terrible coaching hire and 2 terrible seasons now. Obviously JB needs more time but his seat is getting warmer. 

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Samson's Flow said:

As much fun as it was seeing everyone over the last few years, I always felt like the game portion wasn't worth the investment* since it was such a sub par product. The best part was the pre/post game party with everyone.

*the exception may be the MODO game v the leafs. That game was surprisingly good.

Feel free to come to the post game party if we ever figure out where that will be.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, Eleven said:

You named yourself "John Tucker," and you're coming in here with this?

Why not "Paul Cyr"?

Cyr had one hell of a shot.  Too bad he never lived up to his potential.  That was one of Scotty Bowman's many misses.  I'm about to change my screen name to Benedict Arnold.  I'm so fed up with this franchise!!  Lol

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, eman said:

and let's not forget about much maligned Robin Lehner in Long Island! Evander Kane in San Jose! Yup, sucked n Sabre blue & gold but shining elsewhere!

The question really is, why is that? Why do players come to Buffalo and perform so poorly?

The answer is really simple. Coaching staff, Management, Ownership.

It's not the players, its the group listed above. You have to create an atmosphere, an environment, where ONLY THE BEST is acceptable.

Every day these players that do not adhere to that above and are allowed to remain here, is another day this will continue.

It really is that simple. You want winning, then create the environment to make it exist.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.