GDT: Buffalo Sabres at Florida Panthers, 7:09 p.m., February 19, 2019

PASabreFan

5 hours ago, Brawndo said:

10-4 Rampart IV D5W with two amps of bicarb and transport 

Engine 51 paramedics Roy DeSoto and Johnny Gage cannot revive what is a failing post December Sabres team.   Fun fact - the lovely Julie London (Dixie McCall) was married to Bobby Troup (Dr. Joe Early) in real life.   And here I thought Robert Fuller saw all the a$$ at Rampart.  

• Haha (+1) 1

For all you "hockey gods" people that yelled at me when I started GDT's early a month ago, do you not see how great it is that we already have 4 pages of fun banter? As an added bonus we have lured in a new poster from Europe who provided a beautiful prose about life, hockey and our fair city.

If the Sabres aren't going to win games, we can at least get the party started early to entertain ourselves.

• Thanks (+1) 1

On 2/18/2019 at 9:49 AM, New Scotland (NS) said:

Are you sure?  I was going from a famous speech made by some famous character.  It was featured in some documentary, or other, about animals and the houses in which they live, IIRC.  I will pull a LGR and try to find and post a link to a YouTube clip.

"Germans?"

"Forget it, he's rolling."

(Been lurking on the HF and this board for a while now, bit the bullet and joined)

Mittelstadt looked good last game returning back from a brief injury; why the **** did Phil isolate him and make us a one-line team with Reinhart back up there? At least the lines look appropriate today...but we suck vs Florida teams especially on the road, so this could get ugly if Barkov's line outplays 9's again

• Thanks (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, New Guy said:

(Been lurking on the HF and this board for a while now, bit the bullet and joined)

Mittelstadt looked good last game returning back from a brief injury; why the **** did Phil isolate him and make us a one-line team with Reinhart back up there? At least the lines look appropriate today...but we suck vs Florida teams especially on the road, so this could get ugly if Barkov's line outplays 9's again

Welcome aboard!

As to the bolded, can I point you to the "Fire Phil Housley thread"? As i'm sure you know, Phil's lineup choices leave a lot to be desired.

Glad to see Reinhart gets his own line again tonight, I thought the team looked a lot better when he was elevating the play of our 2nd tier forwards like Casey and ERod.

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, New Guy said:

Welcome!!

Sent you a welcoming beer.

Barkov is becoming a star in this league.  For the Sabres to have much of a chance tonight Eich will need to play better than Barkov.  Since it is a road game it seems most unlikely that Larry and Gus will be matched against Barkov's line, if for no other reason Housley has stated that he does match lines.

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Aside from the Wildcard race I really want them to snap this losing to Florida thing.

2 hours ago, inkman said:

Don't see it happening

Why are people saying this when we beat them in FLA  last time? And without Eichel.

Sorry that was in BFLO but we still beat them without Jack.

Edited by MakeSabresGrr8Again

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.