GDT: NY Rangers @ Buffalo Sabres, 2/15/2019 @ 7:00 PM ET

Doohickie

1 hour ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Well we better do something. Who else might be available other than Wilson that can score and actually fills out their cup and jock strap?

Good question, dying breed

William Carrier leads the league in hits by a wide margin, and is one of the most physical players in the league... but Botts gave him away.

Hits: Carrier #1, Foligno #12, Kane #26, Deslauriers #27.... all players Botts got rid of. We’re soft because of him.

Edited by jame

22 minutes ago, jame said:

William Carrier leads the league in hits by a wide margin, and is one of the most physical players in the league... but Botts gave him away.

Hits: Carrier #1, Foligno #12, Kane #26, Deslauriers #27.... all players Botts got rid of. We’re soft because of him.

They offered Carrier so Vegas wouldn’t take Ullmark. The only one of those I wanted to keep was DLo.  But their issue isn’t forechecking, it’s playing soft in the D zone, especially in front of the net, and that’s on the D men.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, jame said:

Wouldn’t mind a Foligno reunion. I still cannot figure out what happened to Girgensons though. I remember high hopes when he first came in the league.

They made a rap video for crying out loud.

Edited by SABRES 0311

5 minutes ago, pastajoe said:

They offered Carrier so Vegas wouldn’t take Ullmark. The only one of those I wanted to keep was DLo.  But their issue isn’t forechecking, it’s playing soft in the D zone, especially in front of the net, and that’s on the D men.

He could’ve just protected Ullmark, and kept Carrier.

16 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Tampa has a couple guys in Cirelli and Erne. Simmons has some of that fire too.  Okposo though done imo had it.  

Cirelli is untouchable

Paquette and Erne would be interesting restricted free agent targets since Tampa will have such a tight cap next year 

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, Thorny said:

@PASabreFan, or whoever, if you don't see a problem with the tone of this post.....

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/nhl-look-cfl-defining-hart-trophy-criteria/

There's your link. See! It's not something everyone has been missing, in fact it's a common conversation.

...and Jame framing the bolded that way is an abject joke. 

Whatever. 

The tone of that post is seen dozens of times every day, without complaint as long as it's a longtime poster doing it, myself included. You don't like it this time because you think Jame is eyeing the last mulberry crumpet. That's the klatch. Just welcome our noob overlord and stop resisting.

12 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Once again we face a hot goalie.  We had many opportunities and did not score 

There honestly can't be this many hot goalies. Breaking news: the Sabres are offensively challenged. You could have said the same thing about virtually every Sabres team of the past 25 years.

12 hours ago, SABRES 0311 said:

New GDT rule.

The first sentence in the text will read “ABANDON ALL HOPE YE WHO ENTER HERE”

Or I could be allowed to start the GDTs, even if it's not at the stroke of midnight.

11 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

Skinner just looks so disheartened. You can tell he so wants to stay here, but I think he's thinking on it now. Sure looks like it tonight anyways.

Postgame you get a whiff of a guy who's never been in the playoffs. "It's tough to win in this league. The other teams are trying too." Yuck.

Edited by PASabreFan
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

The tone of that post is seen dozens of times every day, without complaint as long as it's a longtime poster doing it, myself included. You don't like it this time because you think Jame is eyeing the last mulberry crumpet. That's the klatch. Just welcome our noob overlord and stop resisting.

There honestly can't be this many hot goalies. Breaking news: the Sabres are offensively challenged. You could have said the same thing about virtually every Sabres team of the past 25 years.

Or I could be allowed to start the GDTs, even if it's not at the stroke of midnight.

Postgame you get a whiff of a guy who's never been in the playoffs. "It's tough to win in this league. The other teams are trying too." Yuck.

88874E3C-75B9-437C-96EC-3E87B8609A59.jpeg

1 hour ago, jame said:

This is a solid point. While hits aren't directly correlated to defensive prowess, it would certainly help instill some concern in the opponent.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, jame said:

All big North American boys.   Not the direction JBOT is going.   He likes Swedes and college players. 

Look at Pilut, I know you like him, and he is a talented guy, but he gets physically dominated at times.  He is no bigger than Skinner and he plays defense.  I read all his great analytics that you post,  just not sure he can hold up in a 7 game playoff series when teams target him.   

With the exception of Evander Kane, players in  this list should be available in round 2 or 3 of any given draft.  JBOT has to try to find them, 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, jame said:

GMTM was trying to build a "heavy" team at a time when St. Louis, LA, Chicago, Nashville, San Jose, etc., were pounding the ***** out of each other in the playoffs and the winner of those trench wars was winning the Cup.

His ideal up and coming Sabre was probably someone like Marcus Foligno.

Then Botterill came in here and hosed the roster down with a healthy dose of Penguin ***** Juice.  

The Penguins approach is the last in the league I would want to emulate, save the part about having 2 of the best 5 players in the world on the team at the same time for the height of their careers.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.