GDT: NY Rangers @ Buffalo Sabres, 2/15/2019 @ 7:00 PM ET

Doohickie

19 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Jame, there's nothing wrong with your posts or tone. You're adding a lot to the board. But you threaten the coffee klatch that is SabreSpace. I honestly feel bad for the abuse you're going to take. I should know.

Here comes the passion play.

I mean... I get it, there’s a really tight knit group of old timers who converse over tea and crumpets or something (it’s a joke laugh a little).

this is how everyone I’ve ever known talks about sports. At the bar, around the dinner table, in the arena... everywhere. It’s passionate and combative. No one takes offense, it’s the norm.

I’m going to continue to be someone who actively participates passionately, brings different viewpoints, and gets into it when there are disagreements...  I’m never going to sit down for tea and crumpets. That’s not me. So I’ll either be accepted or booted. It’s all good.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 4

1 minute ago, jame said:

I mean... I get it, there’s a really tight knit group of old timers who converse over tea and crumpets or something (it’s a joke laugh a little).

this is how everyone I’ve ever known talks about sports. At the bar, around the dinner table, in the arena... everywhere. It’s passionate and combative. No one takes offense, it’s the norm.

I’m going to continue to be someone who actively participates passionately, brings different viewpoints, and gets into it when there are disagreements...  I’m never going to sit down for tea and crumpets. That’s not me. So I’ll either be accepted or booted. It’s all good.

You be you, man (assuming you're male).  You're an interesting cat even though I don't agree with some of your takes.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

9 hours ago, jame said:

Dude, you’ve already stated that you don’t care if you come across as a know-it-all. Don’t pretend that it is on us.

and I even agree with you often.

Edited by SwampD

Well all in all a pretty uninspiring homestead with two sore defeats in there to Blackhawks and rangers. Wonder what Botts is thinking now leading up to the deadline. Still think he will remain patient until the draft and free agency but part of me wants him to be busy at the deadline. Just gutted after tonight. 

Just now, Sabre1974 said:

Well all in all a pretty uninspiring homestead with two sore defeats in there to Blackhawks and rangers. Wonder what Botts is thinking now leading up to the deadline. Still think he will remain patient until the draft and free agency but part of me wants him to be busy at the deadline. Just gutted after tonight. 

Presumptuous 

?

6 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Dude, you’ve already stated that you don’t care if you come across as a know-it-all dickweed. Don’t pretend that it is on us.

and I even agree with you often.

1 minute ago, jame said:

I don’t know what you think I’ve put on you?

Just now, SwampD said:

Sure you do.

Anyone see Daddy’s Home 2? Grandpa Kurt is stirring the turd.

52 minutes ago, Beer said:

Is trading Risto still controversial?  He and Marco were dreadful.  They are a complete liability in their own zone.

During the win streak Bogo and Risto looked great.  Both goalies were making big saves.  It’s just different now. 

Could Risto get traded? Sure. GMTM traded Myers, so I supposed Bots can trade Risto 

Edited by Pimlach

Dang.  It's like Phil is trying to deal with a roster full of teenage soccer players.  I can totally relate with the urgency comment.

22 minutes ago, Beer said:

Is trading Risto still controversial?  He and Marco were dreadful.  They are a complete liability in their own zone.

I hope not.  I say NO ONE on this team should be safe.  Well, assuming Skinner signs, he and Dahlin.  Everyone else...use them to get players who want to win for realz.

• Like (+1) 1

I don't think we can even seriously say "next year we will be on the rise for sure"... we literally still need about 50% more roster turnover.... It could be 2-3 years yet IF we can make some good moves and start hitting better in the draft.  In all reality we are in limbo at the moment. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Gatorman0519 said:

I don't think we can even seriously say "next year we will be on the rise for sure"... we literally still need about 50% more roster turnover.... It could be 2-3 years yet IF we can make some good moves and start hitting better in the draft.  In all reality we are in limbo at the moment. 

I like to point to Vegas as an example of getting the roster recipe correct.  It can happen in a season.

Edited by ...
Jeff Skinner
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, ... said:

I like to point to Vegas as an example of getting the roster recipe correct.  It can happen.

Maybe... but they had the benefit of grabbing players that fit a system and were hard workers... I don't think we have enough of them... we will need 1. Smart front office moves 2. Some luck 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.