GDT: NY Rangers @ Buffalo Sabres, 2/15/2019 @ 7:00 PM ET

Doohickie

Just now, Thorny said:

I'd agree, in that I struggle to come up with an objective scale for what is an "appropriate tone" on an internet form, I don't think think there's any kind of set consensus.

But that doesn't mean I don't find his tone, personally, to be wildly off-putting. But that's just me, it'll vary by individual. There's no chance I'm blocking anybody, anyone that posts enough to block is going to cause too much a disruption in the flow of conversation, so I can just stay away. It's just the way the cookie crumbles. 

@ElevenI found your post about friends on this board to be very poignant. You are a gentleman and a scholar.

Jame's content is nothing short of great.  It's the tone.  And thank you.

6 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

It's just so predictable every time we have a good new poster who doesn't fall in line. "Listen, fella, that's not how it's done here." When it's exactly how it's done!

Well, I was a new poster at a time, and I had no problem feeling like I fit in. You can trade me in for a Jame and it's no harm no foul. 

1 minute ago, PASabreFan said:

There were three minutes left. You have to try.

In know but outside of Skinner and maybe Jack this team is lack lust in generating goals.  Game was over. Skate it out and get off the ice.  All this does is embarrass them and anger the fans.

15 minutes ago, jame said:

Maybe, just maybe, all the folks who vote for MVP understand it’s the most valuable player TO their team (not relative to the rest of the team’s roster composition).

Maybe these voters have read the plain language of the award, interpreted as it is written, and voted for Crosby’s over Tavares’s for years... and maybe you’re just wrong.

nah... never mind... you’ve found the hidden meaning, that everyone else has been missing. 

@PASabreFan, or whoever, if you don't see a problem with the tone of this post.....

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/nhl-look-cfl-defining-hart-trophy-criteria/

There's your link. See! It's not something everyone has been missing, in fact it's a common conversation.

...and Jame framing the bolded that way is an abject joke. 

Whatever. 

Edited by Thorny

Just now, Thorny said:

Well, I was a new poster at a time, and I had no problem feeling like I fit in. You can trade me in for a Jame and it's no harm no foul. 

I will admit I post quite a few triggering things in the Oval Office thread but politics are inherently controversial. This is hockey. Have fun with the arguments without violating T&C. If someone is a little rude be a little rude back and go to PM if it strays from the point. Cmon guys I got called a troll in the O/O. No complaint from me, just added a beer emoji to the posters attack while laughing.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I would like it if you would reconsider your tone.

Sadly, maybe even pathetically, I've been a member of this community for fourteen and a half years.

The people to whom you are responding are my friends.  Some of them, I have met in real life; some, not.  Most of them were there for me when I went through the worst thing I ever could have imagined.  It certainly transcended sports.

You have an utter disregard for politeness and a complete disrespect for anyone other than you, from what I can tell from your limited time here.

I don't care if you want to attack me.  Go ahead.  As above, I've suffered worse.  But please stop being disrespectful to my friends.

I thank you in advance.

Holy dramatic, Batman.

AdorableBeautifulGreatdane-small.gif

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

You mean the missing 5 pieces? This destination is loser land to those that want to win a Cup

Why follow if you feel this way?  This team has made the Cup finals.  You have to build a cohesive unit.  Youth movement means growing pains.  Trading star talent for picks or prospects means you fall into the loop of endless rebuilding.  

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Beer said:

Clowns

blame this on me, I have watched the 1st and 3rd.  I was at dinner for the 2nd.  

But we can't blame Beer!

I headed over to the kitchen to make/eat dinner and all I hear are the occasion crowd/RJ escalation, but no goal horn. Not such a good "we need to win this period and homestand".

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.