GDT: NY Rangers @ Buffalo Sabres, 2/15/2019 @ 7:00 PM ET

Doohickie

8 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Jame, there's nothing wrong with your posts or tone. You're adding a lot to the board. But you threaten the coffee klatch that is SabreSpace. I honestly feel bad for the abuse you're going to take. I should know.

Here comes the passion play.

Erroneous. 

9 minutes ago, Thorny said:

See above post. It comes to the same point.

Maybe, just maybe, all the folks who vote for MVP understand it’s the most valuable player TO their team (not relative to the rest of the team’s roster composition).

Maybe these voters have read the plain language of the award, interpreted as it is written, and voted for Crosby’s over Tavares’s for years... and maybe you’re just wrong.

nah... never mind... you’ve found the hidden meaning, that everyone else has been missing. 

Edited by jame

8 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I would like it if you would reconsider your tone.

Sadly, maybe even pathetically, I've been a member of this community for fourteen and a half years.

The people to whom you are responding are my friends.  Some of them, I have met in real life; some, not.  Most of them were there for me when I went through the worst thing I ever could have imagined.  It certainly transcended sports.

You have an utter disregard for politeness and a complete disrespect for anyone other than you, from what I can tell from your limited time here.

I don't care if you want to attack me.  Go ahead.  As above, I've suffered worse.  But please stop being disrespectful to my friends.

I thank you in advance.

I will admit that there are times when he picks single comments to tear apart which is DBagish. But in this case I think it’s nothing more than a couple grown men being passionate about a subject. As grown men (I assume) I’m sure they can handle it. 

For Jame - IMO some hills are not worth dying on. Pick your battles. If you or anyone believes they are right that’s enough because internet posts are not going to change someone’s opinion. 

Most of these guys are cool and can talk hockey all day. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CallawaySabres said:

It's over and I've accepted it. After the NJ and Fla games, the schedule is nearly impossible.

They have to trade Skinner before deadline and rebuild again in the Summer. This team is just so far away....

Trade the lone bright spot?  Forever rebuild mold ala Edmonton

1 minute ago, Nitro60 said:

Stick a fork in this season  Lack of awareness

and that is it for the playoff dream! Remember this 7 game home stand where they were beaten by teams lower than themselves as the turning point. Done like dinner! Bogo had a front row seat on the 4th goal! (and Ullmark's inability to properly hug a post on the 3rd goal loomed large!) Anyhow, my season is done. Maybe next year....maybe not. Peace.

1 minute ago, CallawaySabres said:

It's over and I've accepted it. After the NJ and Fla games, the schedule is nearly impossible.

They have to trade Skinner before deadline and rebuild again in the Summer. This team is just so far away....

Nah.  You keep Skinner and keep building.  

Trade one of the 1st round picks for a player and a prospect. 

Sign a free agent or two.  No need to start over.  

11 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Jame, there's nothing wrong with your posts or tone. You're adding a lot to the board. But you threaten the coffee klatch that is SabreSpace. I honestly feel bad for the abuse you're going to take. I should know.

Here comes the passion play.

I'd agree, in that I struggle to come up with an objective scale for what is an "appropriate tone" on an internet form, I don't think think there's any kind of set consensus.

But that doesn't mean I don't find his tone, personally, to be wildly off-putting. But that's just me, it'll vary by individual. There's no chance I'm blocking anybody, anyone that posts enough to block is going to cause too much a disruption in the flow of conversation, so I can just stay away. It's just the way the cookie crumbles. 

@ElevenI found your post about friends on this board to be very poignant. You are a gentleman and a scholar.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.