GDT: NY Rangers @ Buffalo Sabres, 2/15/2019 @ 7:00 PM ET

Doohickie

3 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Why do you have a problem with people criticizing Jack's play? He had a shift where he didn't give a *****, then he almost scored. Maybe Duffer has a blog you could post on.

I ripped Jack apart a few games ago when Jack was playing like a lazy bum. I posted in here about how he had probably his worst game of the season.

Your takes on Jack are just bad, guy. Unrelentingly negative, relative to anyone else on the team. If someone only had this board to go off of, they'd be convinced you and Jame considered Jack our worst player.

Edited by Thorny

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

I ripped Jack apart a few games ago when Jack was playing like a lazy bum. I posted in here about how he had probably his worst game of the season.

Your takes on Jack are just bad, guy.

So when you see it, you're a savant, when I do, I'm an idiot. Gotcha. He coasts a lot, like he always has. It's maddening.

2 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

So when you see it, you're a savant, when I do, I'm an idiot. Gotcha. He coasts a lot, like he always has. It's maddening.

The point is that you use this as justification for putting down what he does do well. Like produce. 

You allow your bias to seep into every aspect of his play and production knowingly, or unknowingly, I'm not sure which.

You do the same with Pegula. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

The point is that you use this as justification for putting down what he does do well. Like produce. 

You allow your bias to seep into every aspect of his play and production knowingly, or unknowingly, I'm not sure which.

I don't put down what he does well. I'll be the first to cheer when he scores. I think we'll always disagree on his production though. Somewhere between underachiever and Hart candidate is probably the truth.

5 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Your takes on Jack are just bad, guy. Unrelentingly negative, relative to anyone else on the team. If someone only had this board to go off of, they'd be convinced you and Jame considered Jack our worst player.

Huh?

I fully believe star player captains should be held to the highest standard on a shift to shift basis... that’s entirely different than defining our worst players 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I don't put down what he does well. I'll be the first to cheer when he scores. I think we'll always disagree on his production though. Somewhere between underachiever and Hart candidate is probably the truth.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. As if he somehow falls in the middle of that spectrum...Jack IS a Hart candidate, right now, by the true definition of the award.

Jack is 20th in the NHL in points per game. There's only 2 players as young or younger than him above him. Two 1st overall picks, McDavid and Matthews.

When it comes to Jack's production, you are just wrong. The only way you are right, is if your expectations are wildly wrong.

Edited by Thorny

2 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

It's all about how much of your potential you're reaching. In that respect, someone like Erod is probably a more impressive player than Jack.

True but when opposing teams only have to worry about two players it makes it a little tougher.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Pimlach said:

If Tage was working hard he would have drew an interference or holding penalty.   He is heading for healthy scratch territory again. 

Tage is a good talent and when he figures it out (and bulks up just a bit) he could be an absolute terror for us. But he also appears to be a bit of a gentle giant... which may not go over well with us commenters. I hope he embraces his inner dark side someday.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.