Practice Report: 02-14-2019 (Thursday)

WildCard

1 minute ago, RonHextallsShoulderPads said:

Not meaning that he can create, but that he can finish and be in position. You have two pure goal scorers in Eich and Skinner. He's a great complement. 

I'd take him 10 years ago but his shot is so much less now and the wheels just aren't there. He's good for what we have, but we don't have a lot

Just now, RonHextallsShoulderPads said:

right, but seeing where we are now, would it hurt or help to drop him off the first line?

That was what the post you quoted was trying to say; he's fine on that line for what we have right now, but he's not a good 1st liner by any means

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RonHextallsShoulderPads said:

Not meaning that he can create, but that he can finish and be in position. You have two pure goal scorers in Eich and Skinner. He's a great complement. 

I agree Pominville works on the top line, but it's less because Eichel is a pure goal scorer, and more because he's not. He's a pass-first guy and Pominville is savy enough to get to the right spots where Jack can basically bank it off him for goals. See: Jack's brilliant back-hand sauce to Pommers net front last game. 

Edited by Thorny

37 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I agree Pominville works on the top line, but it's less because Eichel is a pure goal scorer, and more because he's not. He's a pass-first guy and Pominville is savy enough to get to the right spots where Jack can basically bank it off him for goals. See: Jack's brilliant back-hand sauce to Pommers net front last game. 

There was so much to like about that pass.  Many don't get it off and he put it in the 50/50 zone that forced Lehner to move at the same time Pomminstein got his stick there.  The commentators on NHLN were raving about Skinners snipe, but that pass was filthy and they barely mentioned it.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, 3putt said:

There was so much to like about that pass.  Many don't get it off and he put it in the 50/50 zone that forced Lehner to move at the same time Pomminstein got his stick there.  The commentators on NHLN were raving about Skinners snipe, but that pass was filthy and they barely mentioned it.

It's a Jack specialty. As I see it, though, Mitts and Dahlin may have those in them, once they get used to the NHL. I think both of them have the creativity, vision, and skills. Many of their passes (more Mitts than Dahlin) don't connect because they're not used to NHL players, who are able to intercept them much better than where they played before.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, 3putt said:

Plenty of people only care about goalz.

4 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

So he's basically Vanek.

(I agree with you by the way.)

Thought we should have picked up Vanek last season. This season to. If for nothing else to put Vanek and Pominville on Reinhart's wings. With they way Reinhart's vision is, all they'd have to do is fall to the front of the net and...……...He Scores!!!! lol

3 hours ago, RonHextallsShoulderPads said:

it's difficult to admit, but pominville is a perfect 1st line forward. he knows where to be and how to finish. unfortunately, he's horrible at elevating lesser players. 

He was on fire to start the season...didn't he have something like 7 goals in the first 10 games?

7 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

Thought we should have picked up Vanek last season. This season to. If for nothing else to put Vanek and Pominville on Reinhart's wings. With they way Reinhart's vision is, all they'd have to do is fall to the front of the net and...……...He Scores!!!! lol

Yes, I can't believe he's been floating around year-to-year and the Sabres never picked him up.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.