GDT: New York Islanders at Buffalo Sabres, 7:09 p.m., February 12, 2019

PASabreFan

5 minutes ago, inkman said:

This Amerks fan can unbunch his panties 

I can see where they are coming from. I don't generally agree with Harrington but he was going off on it too. Having Smith up here just to sit makes no sense, and he was scheduled to sit again today. 

Good to see he's getting a chance to get back in there, unfortunate it had to come as the result of an injury. 

Edited by Thorny

6 hours ago, Samson's Flow said:

Dahlin-Hunwick on the other hand...

Makes sense to me, the stay at home guy with the all over the ice guy. Don't see a better option with Bogo out. Beulieu also wanders too much and gets caught out of position.

Will be tough to score on them so we have to make the most of any opportunities we get. A good PP would really help but........

In my dreams somebody runs Lehner really early and throws him off his game but that ain't going to happen either.

The good news is generally they don't score a lot either but this will be a tough one for this team as it stands. We have to win, but sadly  I don't think we will. 

58 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

About a month before that, Hamel went head first into the end boards at home and was motionless for quite awhile. This was against the Caps, IIRC.

I believe you are correct. He started the season very productive, went down there, came back slow, then was never the same after wrecking his knee. He showed a lot of promise. 

3 minutes ago, Weave said:

I've seen all of 2 minutes so far and 'm not liking the intensity, and I def didn't like Dahlin short arming that pass behind the net from Pilut.

Seems like Dahlin has hit "the wall."  He seems to be gassed too much for an 18 year old.

Edited by Tondas
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.