GDT: New York Islanders at Buffalo Sabres, 7:09 p.m., February 12, 2019

PASabreFan

14 hours ago, R_Dudley said:

Well stayed out of the GDT during but watched the game. Best complete game I have seen from this team in some time. Now that's how you play at this time of the year.  There was a little running around during the 3rd that got me nervous but they didn't fall apart.  And how about that Larry line. Finally looked to have some balanced line play. 

I also think Pilut played with more poise and looks better than Dahlin right now with the puck and his decisions on the ice (positioning and playing the puck, knowing when to step up,etc.).   

Very nice to beat a top team and start to build that team confidence again. Nice feeling when they play like we think they are capable of.

Thank you sir may i have another.... 

Only if I start the GDT. We'll see how I feel on Friday.

14 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Glad they won but they have to win again friday. 

Not really, but yeah.

13 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Trade Eichel! Strip him of the C! He can't play with teammates! We'll never win with him! He's a 2C!

Odd how none of that appears after a huge win. Totally odd. 

straw-man3.jpg

12 hours ago, Thorny said:

Pacing for 94 points and 67 assists isn't good enough, though.

I can only assume, since he's apparently not using his line-mates well enough on MOST nights, and apparently should have WAY more than that, that anything short of 140 points and 100 assists is unacceptable. Play better. 

Like holy cow, I remember the board consensus for the bar of success for Jack's production was we wanted him to be above point a game. Seemingly no matter how much he produces, the gap between results and expectations remains exactly the same. 

But the game went and decided to have an offensive burst. A point a game doesn't mean as much anymore. If you're at 1.00 PPG you're in 40th place in that category. Five years ago, you would have been 11th.

6 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I believe that this win makes PA 3 - 0 in GDT starts.

When's the next game?  I hope you are in game shape PA.  Take some extra Turkish coffee and start that puppy at 12:01 AM.  You can and must do it.

MUST WIN!!

GO PA!!

GO SABRES!!

The Flyers didn't haul Kate Smith out for every game, ya know.

4 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

I know. So stupid. Lulz.

The moment of silence and pregame show coverage was enough. Brian saved his best for last, though, with one of his clever transitions to close the broadcast. Paraphrasing... "This was the result the Sabres were looking for after a tough loss the other night, a tough loss that reminds us of what happened 10 years ago."

ROFL. Can he has cheezeburger?

Edited by PASabreFan

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

Only if I start the GDT. We'll see how I feel on Friday.

Not really, but yeah.

straw-man3.jpg

But the game went and decided to have an offensive burst. A point a game doesn't mean as much anymore. If you're at 1.00 PPG you're in 40th place in that category. Five years ago, you would have been 11th.

The Flyers didn't haul Kate Smith out for every game, ya know.

The moment of silence and pregame show coverage was enough. Brian saved his best for last, though, with one of his clever transitions to close the broadcast. Paraphrasing... "This was the result the Sabres were looking for after a tough loss the other night, a tough loss that reminds us of what happened 10 years ago."

ROFL. Can he has cheezeburger?

Hahaha, your rounding back into playoff form my friend, you must start the thread Friday. I can't start the thread, never fear Dudly is here I'll start the thread........

to the rescue

Nice use of modern iconography and what you did their with pulling out the strawman analogy.  

Old is the new hip especially once they replace one....  

Edited by R_Dudley
fix
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

As I got off the plane, I passed 3 guys in islanders gear waiting in the security line, wearing my sabres gear, I felt the need to stare them down, tap the logo on my hat, and give a ***** eating grin. 

No response other than a blank stare 

Winning 

They were intimidated by the flow...

1 hour ago, Mustache of God said:

This win doesn't mean much if they can't beat the Rangers on Friday followed by the Devils on Sunday. Two teams they better not "play-down" to.

After those games we have Tampa, Washington and Toronto. The next 4 points are mandatory as the following six will be a challenge.

What if we lost the next 2 and beat the 3 good teams.... How would you feel 

@PASabreFan,

The only thing that I remotely like about those dastardly Flyers was the Kate Smith tradition, although not in the spring of 1975 mind you.

Anyway, I agree that the Flyers only dragged her, or her image, out for MUST WIN!! games.

So, all the remaining games the Sabres will be playing this season are MUST WIN!! ... you better be well rested, my friend.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.