GDT: New York Islanders at Buffalo Sabres, 7:09 p.m., February 12, 2019

PASabreFan

5 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Trade Eichel! Strip him of the C! He can't play with teammates! We'll never win with him! He's a 2C!

Odd how none of that appears after a huge win. Totally odd. 

It’s not odd a’tall. He used his line mates more effectively tonight. Most nights he doesn’t.

• Like (+1) 1

I also thought Pilut had some nice board play that we haven’t seen enough of.

4 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Still unsupported by any evidence. Some nights he doesn't, most he does. 

Why, cuz he gets his assists? When you have the puck as much as he does and are as good as he is, that is going to happen. It doesn’t mean he wouldn’t have way more if he played the game better.

Edited by SwampD

3 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Why, cuz he gets his assists? When you have the puck as much as he does, that is going to happen. It doesn’t mean he wouldn’t have way more if he played the game better.

He's tied with Crosby and a few others for 15th in the league in assists. And that was before he got another 2 primary assists tonight. I think he's tied for 11th after tonight. The only centers with more assists than him are McDavid and MacKinnon. 

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Why, cuz he gets his assists? When you have the puck as much as he does and are as good as he is, that is going to happen. It doesn’t mean he wouldn’t have way more if he played the game better.

47 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

He's tied with Crosby and a few others for 15th in the league in assists. And that was before he got another 2 primary assists tonight. I think he's tied for 11th after tonight. The only centers with more assists than him are McDavid and MacKinnon. 

Pacing for 94 points and 67 assists isn't good enough, though.

I can only assume, since he's apparently not using his line-mates well enough on MOST nights, and apparently should have WAY more than that, that anything short of 140 points and 100 assists is unacceptable. Play better. 

Like holy cow, I remember the board consensus for the bar of success for Jack's production was we wanted him to be above point a game. Seemingly no matter how much he produces, the gap between results and expectations remains exactly the same. 

• Like (+1) 5

1 hour ago, TrueBlueGED said:

7 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I can only assume, since he's apparently not using his line-mates well enough on MOST nights, and apparently should have WAY more than that, that anything short of 140 points and 100 assists is unacceptable. Play better. 

Like holy cow, I remember the board consensus for the bar of success for Jack's production was we wanted him to be above point a game. Seemingly no matter how much he produces, the gap between results and expectations remains exactly the same. 

I’d be happy with 140.?

Believe me, I’m thrilled with his production, but its not wrong for me think he can be even better than he his, which is awesome. I think he tries to do too much himself when he doesn’t have to and would be even more productive if he used his line mates better. 

I think he will get better at it and I can’t wait.

25 minutes ago, Thorny said:

They may not make the postseason  this year, but it's going to be a vast improvement. I haven't been around so I'm this has been noted, and please, if I copied somebody, take credit for it. They've already beaten last years total and still have 26 games to go. It's going to be a major disappointment to become the 2nd team in NHL history to win 10 straight and not make the postseason. But. to get this close when they expected this year to be the last step towards being a playoff team......... I can't complain, because nobody expected to be there in the first place. 

11 hours ago, jame said:

Hunwick was invisible for 55 minutes (a good thing), then he failed to get the puck down ice to get his team a change and we lost the game... I don’t mind him playing due to Bogo injury.

unfortunstely Botts doesn’t have the balls to bench Scandella for a game

Isn't the game lineup decided by the coach?

+++++

Great game (I didn't watch, nor the highlights, nor read this thread ... was it?).  And if they didn't play well, who cares.  They won.

7 hours ago, jame said:

Really liked Erod-Reinhart combo tonight, I want to see that pair stick when Mitts returns

skinnet-Eichel-Poms

Olofsson god dammit!-Erod-Reinhart

Sheary-Mittelstadt-Thompson

Girgs-Larry-Okposo

Yes, I agree, Olofsson has earned a look in the NHL. So has O'Regan. The problem here is 3 fold honestly.

1. 2 soft players. In soft I mean not known for their physical game, something the Sabres sorely need imo.

2. Emptying the Rochester cupboard could be problematic from an organizational standpoint, hard to say really, this one is just a guess at this time, but maybe a part of what Botterill is thinking.

3. Roster slots available at the Sabres level. Maybe Botts is going to move 3 pieces or so at the deadline, highly doubt it though, but I could be wrong. But I do see him moving 1 piece, maybe. And perhaps that is when we'll see Olofsson.

One thing for sure from this fan however. I would like to see him for a looksy this season.

• SDS unpinned this topic
9 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Trade Eichel! Strip him of the C! He can't play with teammates! We'll never win with him! He's a 2C!

Odd how none of that appears after a huge win. Totally odd. 

Sorry, we're not all robots like you.  Eichel played a good game last night.  When he plays a crappy game - being captain - it tends affect more than just himself.

2 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I believe that this win makes PA 3 - 0 in GDT starts.

When's the next game?  I hope you are in game shape PA.  Take some extra Turkish coffee and start that puppy at 12:01 AM.  You can and must do it.

MUST WIN!!

GO PA!!

GO SABRES!!

I support this message.

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.