GDT: New York Islanders at Buffalo Sabres, 7:09 p.m., February 12, 2019

PASabreFan

12 minutes ago, Tondas said:

I paid $9 for my Chevy Impala in 1967.

Seriously. I bought a 67 Impala for $50 in 1975. 

Yes, it ran but it had rusted wheel wells  and badly faded oxidized lime green paint.  

I tuned it up.  Polished it up. Drive it for three months and sold it for $100.  It’s the only car I ever made money on.  ?

1 minute ago, Pimlach said:

Seriously. I bought a 67 Impala for $50 in 1975. 

Yes, it ran but it had rusted wheel wells  and badly faded oxidized lime green paint.  

I tuned it up.  Polished it up. Drive it for three months and sold it for $100.  It’s the only car I ever made money on.  ?

No lie.  I sold my 67  Impala in 1975.  No backsies!

• Thanks (+1) 1

I think the problem we all have is that we know this team can play a game like this.  There were no exceptions to the norm, deviations from average stat lines tonight, just a good, solid game of hockey.  We know it's in them.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, ... said:

I think the problem we all have is that we know this team can play a game like this.  There were no exceptions to the norm, deviations from average stat lines tonight, just a good, solid game of hockey.  We know it's in them.  

I have to agree with you there. Tonight showed that when they play strong and get solid goaltending they can swing with the big boys. They now did it for two games in a row, go get a win against the Rangers and play a solid overall 60 minute game again! 

Well stayed out of the GDT during but watched the game. Best complete game I have seen from this team in some time. Now that's how you play at this time of the year.  There was a little running around during the 3rd that got me nervous but they didn't fall apart.  And how about that Larry line. Finally looked to have some balanced line play. 

I also think Pilut played with more poise and looks better than Dahlin right now with the puck and his decisions on the ice (positioning and playing the puck, knowing when to step up,etc.).   

Very nice to beat a top team and start to build that team confidence again. Nice feeling when they play like we think they are capable of.

Thank you sir may i have another.... 

13 minutes ago, ... said:

I sometimes forget how young this team is:

Eichel 22, Reinhart 23, Risto 24 and these are our leaders

Rodrigues has played 130 NHL games, Ullmark 50, Pilut 22, Dahlin 56, Smith 9, Thompson 89, Mittelstadt 61

Even older guys like Sheary and McCabe only have 250 NHL games under their belts.

They have it in them to play games like tonight on a regular basis. Experience counts for something. It should breed consistency.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, ... said:

And I think this is where the fan frustration comes from.  They do have it in them to play solid every game.  This game was well contested.  We didn’t get NYI on an off night. Solid, respectable win.

Do it again.

36 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

I have to agree with you there. Tonight showed that when they play strong and get solid goaltending they can swing with the big boys. They now did it for two games in a row, go get a win against the Rangers and play a solid overall 60 minute game again! 

Agree, but I still don’t put the islanders in there with the big guys.  Sure, they are leading their division but I would much rather play them than Washington or Columbus.  I think we can pass them with our current roster and more experience.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.