Buffalo Bills 2019-2020

WildCard

Just now, LGR4GM said:

2 things. Brady is jumping on that throw. Josh had a clean pocket. The 2nd is that I think it was a better throw. 

Brady's throw is better only because it's slightly higher, but the point of that was to show in that route where the ball is supposed to be thrown

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I also want to establish that I don't think Allen is some savior, and he's still incredibly raw to the point where my stomach clenches every time he lets go of a pass to a receiver I can't see on the screen. But damn guys we should be excited about yesterday

We should be talking about those passes to Brown, Sweeney, and the touch on that ball to Beasley that he dropped on the sideline

I don't think a single receiver had to break stride on a crossing route reception, even the ones 15 yards down the field

That's exactly what we worried about 

True, and our defense is insane, especially Ed Oliver

4 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I also want to establish that I don't think Allen is some savior, and he's still incredibly raw to the point where my stomach clenches every time he lets go of a pass to a receiver I can't see on the screen. But damn guys we should be excited about yesterday

We should be talking about those passes to Brown, Sweeney, and the touch on that ball to Beasley that he dropped on the sideline

I don't think a single receiver had to break stride on a crossing route reception, even the ones 15 yards down the field

That's exactly what we worried about 

He also missed a couple receivers in stride. I think Knox was open and he just tossed it behind him. Good progress from Allen but he needs to take care of the football. 

3 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Brady's throw is better only because it's slightly higher, but the point of that was to show in that route where the ball is supposed to be thrown

True, and our defense is insane, especially Ed Oliver

And Brady was under pressure and still while jumping threw it higher and probably with a little more touch. 

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

He also missed a couple receivers in stride. I think Knox was open and he just tossed it behind him. Good progress from Allen but he needs to take care of the football. 

And Brady was under pressure and still while jumping threw it higher and probably with a little more touch. 

I'm not going to argue with you that Tom Brady is more accurate than Josh Allen

• Like (+1) 1

That Brady pass was, maybe, 3 inches higher above the ground at most than the one to Cole, but Cole is 4 feet tall so it looks funkier, and Cole had no intentions of running any further once he caught it, as evidenced by the angles on his knees when he dropped to the ground because he knew Allen was sitting him down.

Anyway, I was surprised at how good Leveon Bell looked. It's hard to describe him, but he feels like a psychic creature that levitates a couple inches above the ground and can't be bothered by physical attempts to stop him. Just the way his upper body doesn't move/bob as he's finding his seams and making his cuts. That guy is going to cause a lot of problems for a lot of teams.

And we get Saquon next week who is going to torch us probably. Why did he only have five carries into the third quarter yesterday? 

1 hour ago, WildCard said:

Mike Scott, a player for the 76's, wore a Redskins jersey to the game and got into a fight with Eagles fans. Well, here's why; he's the one in the Redskins jersey obviously 

Where does it say Sean Taylor anywhere on that. Was he born in 1991?

Crazy how much crap Allen takes even in a win. Biggest knock on him coming out of college and last season was his accuracy being under 60%. He goes out, comes back from a rough first half to help win the game and finishes with ~64% competion. All the experts said that accuracy is the hardest QB trait to fix. He's still fairly raw and will have bad passes and make bad decisions, but, that can be fixed.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

If we go 10-6 with wins like this one it’s going to be a great season.  This team showed a lot of heart and Allen really looked so much better as the game went on.  

Considering he has a new line, new RBs, new TEs and new WRs, is it really a shock he struggled early? It’s really kind of amazing that he and the team got it together so quickly.  

Seriously we have 2 new starting WRs, 4 new starters on the o-line, 2 new TEs and the top 3 RBs are all new. 

7 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

If we go 10-6 with wins like this one it’s going to be a great season.  This team showed a lot of heart and Allen really looked so much better as the game went on.  

Considering he has a new line, new RBs, new TEs and new WRs, is it really a shock he struggled early? It’s really kind of amazing that he and the team got it together so quickly.  

Seriously we have 2 new starting WRs, 4 new starters on the o-line, 2 new TEs and the top 3 RBs are all new. 

Which happen to coincide with CJ Mosley, who was by far the most dominant player for either defense on the field until he got hurt, leaving the game. 

That being said what Allen and the offense were able to accomplish in the 4th Quarter was impressive and something to build on. 

7 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Agreed on Mosley. I am genuinely unsure if the Bills win that game if he doesn't blow his groin on that pass defense in the end zone (in which he made a fantastic play).

Darnold's floor is, what, Andy Dalton? I have no idea what his ceiling is. Scouts love a sure thing. And, yes, the Bills D is good.

A lil recency bias, maybe. Hyde has been amazing. J Brown has work to do to supplant him as the best FA addition.

I'm sure that's part of it, but on the other hand, plenty of analysts tout his star potential and I've just never seen it. And a team doesn't trade up to #3 overall for Andy Dalton.

18 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I like Darnold (not sure how much) but I can't believe the Giants had Eli rolling out more than the Jets had Darnold doing the same. I guess Gase brought his dink&dunk Tannehill offense to NYJ

Also
Edited by WildCard

4 hours ago, SwampD said:

Where does it say Sean Taylor anywhere on that. Was he born in 1991?

Yeah, I'm 100% missing the Sean Taylor connection here.  The reference on the coffin is supposed to refer to Washington's last Super Bowl, from what I've read elsewhere (just google it).

1 hour ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I'm sure that's part of it, but on the other hand, plenty of analysts tout his star potential and I've just never seen it. And a team doesn't trade up to #3 overall for Andy Dalton.

The Jets do.

And the Bills trade up to #4 overall for Sammy Watkins.  

1 hour ago, TrueBlueGED said:

The Bears traded up to #2 for Mitch Trubisky 

• Haha (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Yeah, I'm 100% missing the Sean Taylor connection here.  The reference on the coffin is supposed to refer to Washington's last Super Bowl, from what I've read elsewhere (just google it).

The Jets do.

And the Bills trade up to #4 overall for Sammy Watkins.  

With Kalil Mack still available.  SMH.

3 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Also worth noting IMHO:  Allen, despite struggling for 2/3 of the game, looked better than Darnold.

There is this lazy narrative circulating that Allen was bad for most of this game. The numbers prove he was very effective, even in the first half. 

image.png.ad7a44aa280b5e1ef0e4191bffae3c

Look at those first half numbers: 15 of 23 passing. 65.2% completion. 141 yards. 10 first downs. Unfortunately those turnovers erased that performance. IMO he was responsible for 1 turnover, the fumble on the sack. The other three were on Morse, Beasley and a blocked pass. Of course it's easier to just say Allen sucks.