Buffalo Bills 2019-2020

WildCard

44 minutes ago, WildCard said:

People are crazy/stupid regardless of the generation 

But there's a specific sort of crazy/stupid at play with the helicopter parents. And it extends well beyond this setting. Take for example someone who has worked in higher ed administration for 30+ years -- ask them how often they heard from students' parents in the 1990s about kids' grades and then how often they hear from students' parents about grades today. Stark difference.

Not for nothing: Was there talk that Hodgson had some of this going on with his dad?

Greatest comeback in NFL preseason history!

I've said it before, and I'll say it again:  With Tyree Jackson, and against a bunch of guys who will be spending their autumns finishing their kinesthesiology degrees, this team can do anything.

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 1

Steve Tasker on the broadcast was bad at times. He would blather on and repeat himself overexplaining why a player did something or missed doing something. It was annoying. 

He would also say "he" constantly. He WHO?!? How am I suppose to know who 84 on the 4th string is? "Oh wow he had a great catch there" fantastic was it Duke Williams? Was it Sills? He who? 

Edited by LGR4GM

33 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I was in the car and tuned into some of the pregame with Schopp, Brown, and Wood.

I didn’t know who Wood was initially. I’m here to say: He was really good. Smart. Insightful. Funny. Solid folksy voice.

I noticed that during the radio broadcast for the first preseason game. Wood is a natural for the color job.

• Like (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Steve Tasker on the broadcast was bad at times. He would blather on and repeat himself overexplaining why a player did something or missed doing something. It was annoying. 

He would also say "he" constantly. He WHO?!? How am I suppose to know who 84 on the 4th string is? "Oh wow he had a great catch there" fantastic was it Duke Williams? Was it Sills? He who? 

I hate to say it but he's not good. It pains me as I loved him as a player but he's constantly getting players wrong, not identifying them (as you mentioned), blabbing incessantly about unimportant things while something important and obvious is taking place on the field that he's oblivious to. 

28 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

9 minutes ago, inkman said:

I hate to say it but he's not good. It pains me as I loved him as a player but he's constantly getting players wrong, not identifying them (as you mentioned), blabbing incessantly about unimportant things while something important and obvious is taking place on the field that he's oblivious to. 

There's no reason to hate to say it.  He's awful and always has been.  No one is skilled at everything.

3 hours ago, Eleven said:

There's no reason to hate to say it.  He's awful and always has been.  No one is skilled at everything.

He's been in broadcasting for a longer time than his playing career at this point.  I'm amazed if people are just figuring out now that he's lousy.  There's a reason that CBS took him out of the booth and put him on the sidelines.

4 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Not that I know anything about Bodine, but what I do know is the Patriots will turn him into an All-Star stud.

He's tall for a Patriots lineman.  Doesn't Brady prefer them all to be 6'2" or shorter?