Buffalo Bills 2019-2020

WildCard

59 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Honestly I don't blame them for being upset. They went from SB favorite with years of serious contention ahead of them to 8-8 overnight, that's a hard pill to swallow

I don't blame them for being upset in the "well, this sucks" sense. But booing him for valuing his own health? Weakest of the weak sauce. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, TrueBlueGED said:

I don't blame them for being upset in the "well, this sucks" sense. But booing him for valuing his own health? Weakest of the weak sauce. 

Eh they're upset and emotional and literally just found out. I wouldn't boo him myself, but a lot of being a fan is just being irrational in your emotions lol if Eichel retired at the end of September I'd be pretty livid/depressed too

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

1 hour ago, WildCard said:

Honestly I don't blame them for being upset. They went from SB favorite with years of serious contention ahead of them to 8-8 overnight, that's a hard pill to swallow

I learned to separate how I feel about my sports teams from how I feel about myself after the Eric Lindros/move to Colorado thing. Trust me. They’ll get over it. Or, meh, they won’t. I don’t think Lindros ever cared how I felt.

19 hours ago, WildCard said:

Eh they're upset and emotional and literally just found out. I wouldn't boo him myself, but a lot of being a fan is just being irrational in your emotions lol if Eichel retired at the end of September I'd be pretty livid/depressed too

This is about where I landed. It was regrettable but somewhat understandable that several hundred (maybe 1000+?) diehard fans (they were still in the stadium during the walk off of a preseason game) would, in the moment, boo the face of the franchise for unexpectedly retiring on the eve of a Superbowl or bust season. Beer may have had a role too.

Now, if Indy fans continue to boo Luck going forward? That’s gonna be a real problem.

35 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Also: The hell is going on with Zay Jones?

His name is all over my Twitter TL, but I can’t divine why.

Maybe he's a part of the rumored Clowney to Buffalo package?  Which remains purely rumor until some sort of trade actually occurs.

9 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Clowney isn't as good as the hype. 

No he isn't.  But if the price is as low as Jones and a 3rd, would definitely take that.  Supposedly they could fit his tender in under the cap.  Him, Hughes, Oliver, & Loutelei would be a very strong front 4.

Worry about re-signing him next year & decide if it makes sense at that point.

2 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

His mom?!

Oh, lord.

Jones was running with the 3’s at one point in a preseason game. That seemed significant.

He's an okay route runner with average hands. Isiah McKenzie brings more. Duke Williams brings more. Jones is going to have 1 highlight level catch and 1 indescribable drop each game. If they can live with that, he will stick. 

2 minutes ago, Taro T said:

No he isn't.  But if the price is as low as Jones and a 3rd, would definitely take that.  Supposedly they could fit his tender in under the cap.  Him, Hughes, Oliver, & Loutelei would be a very strong front 4.

Worry about re-signing him next year & decide if it makes sense at that point.

I don't think it will. His knees won't last forever and he was already having problems when he played for USC. 

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

He's an okay route runner with average hands. Isiah McKenzie brings more. Duke Williams brings more. Jones is going to have 1 highlight level catch and 1 indescribable drop each game. If they can live with that, he will stick.

I don't think it will. His knees won't last forever and he was already having problems when he played for USC. 

Are you referring to re-sign in Clowney next year?  (Assuming hypothetically he's a Bill by Sunday.)

That very possibly is correct.  But if they did let him walk, he'd probably get them a 3rd round comp pick the next season.  (With so many guys in their last year of deals, have to believe the Bills will "lose" more FAs than they sign next off-season.)

So the trade would be Clowney for Jones and moving a 3rd back 1 year.  I'd take that.

13 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Are you referring to re-sign in Clowney next year?  (Assuming hypothetically he's a Bill by Sunday.)

That very possibly is correct.  But if they did let him walk, he'd probably get them a 3rd round comp pick the next season.  (With so many guys in their last year of deals, have to believe the Bills will "lose" more FAs than they sign next off-season.)

So the trade would be Clowney for Jones and moving a 3rd back 1 year.  I'd take that.

Yes, sorry that was not clear. I don't think he will re-sign because I think he believes he is better than he is. So he will want more than we will pay. 

I would add that Yeldon makes more sense for a trade. They need RB's. 

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Yes, sorry that was not clear. I don't think he will re-sign because I think he believes he is better than he is. So he will want more than we will pay. 

I would add that Yeldon makes more sense for a trade. They need RB's. 

Yeldon or even McCoy.  But the original Q was about why Jones was trending. Which is why the trade was proposed as it was.  Threw out speculation why Zay trending might be happening besides his parents going all Mama and Papa Grizzly on Twitter.  (Not a good look for the parents.)

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Isn't half the reason Houston is looking to trade Clowney that he won't sign anything less than long term? I can't imagine he's getting traded anywhere without a long term deal in place. 

He can't sign a LT deal at this point.  (Per what had been written about his situation.  Not an NFL CBA expert by any stretch.)  Either he signs his tender or he doesn't play.  And he needs to sign that to get traded anywhere.  And, just like Houston, that new team can't sign him to a LT deal until the next off-season.

Which is why supposedly only Miami and Buffalo are interested in him and at most they'd give up Lawson, Jones (or an expendable RB), & a 3rd round or day 3 pick to land him for a year.

2 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

This is about where I landed. It was regrettable but somewhat understandable that several hundred (maybe 1000+?) diehard fans (they were still in the stadium during the walk off of a preseason game) would, in the moment, boo the face of the franchise for unexpectedly retiring on the eve of a Superbowl or bust season. Beer may have had a role too.

Now, if Indy fans continue to boo Luck going forward? That’s gonna be a real problem.

I don't see it as booing Luck.  To me, they're booing the news more than anything.  It's less of a "we hate you Andrew Luck" and more of a "oh crap, we're going to suck again".

3 minutes ago, shrader said:

I don't see it as booing Luck.  To me, they're booing the news more than anything.  It's less of a "we hate you Andrew Luck" and more of a "oh crap, we're going to suck again".

Dude. Did you see the footage (with the good audio)? Those people were totally booing Andrew Luck.

16 minutes ago, Taro T said:

He can't sign a LT deal at this point.  (Per what had been written about his situation.  Not an NFL CBA expert by any stretch.)  Either he signs his tender or he doesn't play.  And he needs to sign that to get traded anywhere.  And, just like Houston, that new team can't sign him to a LT deal until the next off-season.

Which is why supposedly only Miami and Buffalo are interested in him and at most they'd give up Lawson, Jones (or an expendable RB), & a 3rd round or day 3 pick to land him for a year.

Ah, missed that somehow. Carry on. 

Adding a guy like Clowney for his contract year sure seems like it'd be worth a 3rd-rounder.

And giving up on Zay Jones would well demonstrate why BB/McD are being too clever by half in their habit of giving up mid-round picks to move up for the 2nd/3rd round diamond in the rough they've supposedly identified.